PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Perfect Item

Ariak
04-23-2002, 02:15 PM
If you have a picture of some good equipment, please E-Mail me at billccalwick@hotmail.com !

Say, you have a full set of Warlord's armor. /cheer.
Send me the E-mail with a pic included.

*THIS* will allow me to have 100% correct items in my future databases.

Unless there is a VERY big feedback, most of the items will go in as the incorrect appearance. If you guys want perfect appearances, you're going to have to help out here.

Just send me screenshots of you wearing some stuff and tell me what you have on.

** please only SoV items !! **

I have used magelo to correct *EVERY* single item I have added to my DB. I have added MANY more. I went zone-by-zone, adding SoV loot using allkhazam loot bestiary. I then check the image with Magelo.

Help help out, send in images. SoV Quest armor is very, very important, if the not the most important. Weapons are easy to do (Axe is an axe, heh..) but armor is much much different...

Thanks !!

Ariak
04-24-2002, 09:26 AM
Going to need more than 0 feedback for this to work.

EmuSharky
04-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Ariak,
I can help you out...send me an email as to what you need / want, I still play EverQuest (the real game - I have a 60 sorcerer in a "uber" guild , so getting pictures of gear is NO problem.)

pagernet@yahoo.com

Let me know.

Thanks.
-Sharky

Developer of Project: Dead Dream

EmuSharky
04-24-2002, 09:43 AM
That is, ofcourse, if you have any prefrences in what gear you'd like to have first.

Call the shots; I can get you the pictures.

And, BTW - you know that Quested SoV armor looks different on each race, correct?

Thanks.
-Sharky
Creator of Project: Dead Dream...

Shawn319
04-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Much easier to log in with packetcollector running and grab the actual item right from EQ packets (then it even gets added to the default DB.sql).

FQAdmin might work, but it may leave out non-visable misc data about the item stats.

Trumpcard
04-24-2002, 10:05 AM
Yea, the best bet is anyone playing on EQlive is to run packetcollector. Doesnt use hardly any resources, takes 3 seconds to starts up, and helps ensure we all will have a better emulator in the future. All you have to do is start it up, then anything you see in your bank, on a corpse, in your inventory, on a merchant, or up in a trade window will automatically get sent to getfrags for inclusion in the next eqemu release. If you guys want to help, use the tools the dev team worked really hard to provide like cfgcollector, and packetcollector.

Ariak
04-24-2002, 10:30 AM
True.. but, SO much stuff was missing. I am impatient and wanted all the items :)

Shawn319
04-24-2002, 10:38 AM
I wish someone would make a really good Item Editor and release it and the source (preferably writtin in C++ or VB).

If we get an item editor thats really good and doesnt have any problems with making items (no bugs or anything) then maby we can make that the standard for default DB additions (only real EQ items of course).

Lurker_005
04-24-2002, 10:49 AM
I think that if ANY hand made items are included into the released DB, they should have something to identify them as hand edited, and possibly missing some data. Use the lore field if nothing else, put some char in there. The collected items is the best way to go, unless it is for items that there aren't more than say 100 on a given live server.

However, an good current item editor for 3rd party DB's is sorely needed.

stormgod
04-24-2002, 11:32 AM
could you flag all handmade items as GM so there will be no mistakes ;)

Ariak
04-24-2002, 12:35 PM
The sheer number of high-end items of the game will *NEVER* be logged and 'correctly' added.

I will use an analogy.

We do not have full KUNARK armor. By the time we have full SoV and SoL items, it will be years. People who have the highest-end items do *NOT* play the emulator. They don't give a damn about it.

I was among them, at once, and if you asked me to load a 3rd party program to add my item to a database I would laugh in your face.

Magelo is great and all, but all it does is list the stats and icon, not the actual appearance..

d0wnt0wn
04-24-2002, 03:01 PM
All you have to do is start it up, then anything you see in your bank, on a corpse, in your inventory, on a merchant, or up in a trade window will automatically get sent to getfrags for inclusion in the next eqemu release.
This includes, I assume, inspecting other PCs?

Shin Noir
04-24-2002, 03:05 PM
I've done some item tweaking, got it down pretty well.. The one included in FQAdmin is great, it works pretty well.. I only had issues with a corpse on the floor that had items I deleted.. <smirks> Also FQAdmin didn't have a #itemsearch like command, so all your items had to be manually searched for using that tiny little scroll box.. <cringes>.

I actually just started up good ol' VB 6 and started coding an item search\modifier program. As of now it barely works... We'll see how far I get before I get bored of the idea.

::After posting this article, I went over and started up FQAdmin to find the ALMIGHTY SEARCH TAB in the items section. Ahhh, ignorance is not bliss!

Lurker_005
04-25-2002, 03:10 AM
If you get tired of working on your itemsearch, please release the code you have (in any shape really) It may be of use to others if they try to make an item search/editor.

I was gonna mention the search in FQAdmin :p but it could be a bit better, with a lot more search options.

EmuSharky
04-26-2002, 12:30 PM
We do not have full KUNARK armor. By the time we have full SoV and SoL items, it will be years. People who have the highest-end items do *NOT* play the emulator. They don't give a damn about it.

Well... gotta say you're wrong there bro. In the *REAL* EQ I'm running with one of the top 10 guilds in the game... I told you that I can *probably* help, just let me know (and help me fix my damn Cisco 675 DSL modem :rolleyes: so that i can have other people connect to my Emu Server)

:)
-Sharky

Ariak
04-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Run the item program, whatever it is, that automatically submits items ;)

That would be great!

Ariak
04-28-2002, 09:22 AM
Anyways, I have finished adding Every Single SoV item, I think, into the DB. I went zone-by-zone (Allkhazam's realm) in SoV and added items. I've started SoL, but quit after the 10th item when I noticed 3 needed skill mods and 2 needed Magic/Fire attacks, and 1 needed a Hand To Hand Combat flag..

LoL. Started in Umbral Plains. Stopped there, too.

Shin Noir
04-28-2002, 04:02 PM
a quick suggestion regarding visual appearances of items, there's a fashion table at allakhazam
( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/fashion/Fashion_Table.html ) it may help with finding the right RBG in the armor graphic..

Ariak
04-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Thanks.