PDA

View Full Version : Quest Commands

Shin Noir
04-24-2002, 07:18 AM
First off I want to say I really am impressed by the work on EQEmu and hope it stays alive! My biggest focus point is the quests as of now, and will list topics I am attempting to make happen. (It's a request to anyone who may already have this code finished or suggestions\comments on my way of doing it)

Quest Commands as of 0.3.1.1 (At least from what I see in source..) Note: * means I can't seem to get cmd to work.
----------------------
SAY
EMOTE
SHOUT
SPAWN_ITEM
ADD_HATELIST
FLAG_ACCOUNT
*SET_PVP
SPAWN_NPC
EXP
LEVEL
RAIN
SNOW
CAST_SPELL
*FACE_TARGET
*SPAWN_GROUP
NPC_SCRIPT
TRIGGER_DEATH
TRIGGER_ITEM
TRIGGER_TEXT

Quest Variables (These are giving me HUGE errors on my Win98 server : Fatal Errors crashing the zone)
--------------------
%CHARNAME%
%CHARLEVEL%
%CHARCLASS%
%CHARRACE%

Quest Request Commands (I'm attempting to implement these
---------------------------------

EMOTE :: Tweak so PC models do social animations?

DELAY :: Delay for a triggered event, example:PoD bows (3 second pause) PoD says, ' blah blah blah'

IF, ELSE :: If statements would be very nice, example:
IF:%CHARLEVEL% <= 55 {
<commands if 55+>
}
ELSE: {
<commands if not 55+>
}

TRIGGER_AGGRO :: Obvious enough, once hate list is gained they say this.

RANDOM_ITEM :: As another post mentioned, random result quest items.

TRIGGER_EVENT :: Have one NPC trigger another's NPC scripting, a bit more powerful than ADD_HATELIST. Example would be let's say (once NPC movement is fixed) You have X mob tell you about Y mob who is doing whatever. X mob has in it's code TRIGGER_EVENT Y mob ID and then a label event name, basically
TRIGGER_EVENT 4007 ACTIVATE_HAIL
before the triggered event, you couldn't hail that other NPC. After the trigger, you can go over and discuss matters with the NPC.