PDA

View Full Version : FQAdmin

Shaqer
04-25-2002, 08:45 AM
I'm kinda new to this and would like to know if there's some kind of help file for the FQAdmin program. Most of it looks pretty explanatory, but there are a few things that I would like to understand better...specifically what are you supposed to put in for a maps location. I've been putting the EQ directory, but I'm not sure if this is right. Ever since I loaded Lurker 0.3's data into the database, I get a floating point error whenever I put my mouse over the maps pane in FQAdmin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hardy
04-25-2002, 10:44 AM
set the maps dir to the folder that FQAdmin is in ;)

Lurker_005
04-25-2002, 03:09 PM
FQAdmin uses maps from the ShowEQ project. In your directory with FQAdmin you should have a maps directory, if not make one. Actually the directory can be named anything. Then just drop the maps in there.

2 Notes!

1) FQAdmin has not been updated to match the changes in the EQEmu database! Specifically ALL spawn stuff and character stuff.

2) DO NOT put the maps in eqemu\maps It will crash the emu.

Shaqer
04-26-2002, 04:28 AM
What version of EQEmu will work with the latest version of FQAdmin? Thanks for the help and tips!

strychn
04-26-2002, 08:14 AM
the admin tool should work for the current version, though it needs updating and is missing some stuff. lotta db changes since it was last updated.

Lurker_005
04-26-2002, 09:24 AM
As I recall FQAdmin was last updated for EQEmu 2.6 Some tables are still the same, some aren't. FQAdmin may screw up the tables that have been updated. I don't know for sure since I havn't been using it with the new emu releases.

strychn
04-26-2002, 10:31 AM
someone was pointing out that the eq_packet_structs used in the admin tool is very broken.
it's missing a lot of stuff. using the admin tool to modify player profiles and such, may result in a loss of data. not sure what else it could/would break. i worked on the admin tool for a little to fix it up, but i haven't had much time lately.