PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Overrun!?

Cisyouc
07-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Hello all.
Ive been working on a custom server for a few weeks trying to learn the quest system and I created the following script for a "Magus" type NPC.
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail/i){quest::say("Hello, Traveler. Welcome to Luclin. As I am going through my spells here I can teleport you somewhere if you wish to [leave] here.");}
if($text=~/leave/i){quest::say("I can take you to the [Plane of Tranquility], the [Sunset Temple], the [Bazaar], The [Temple of Marr],the [Halls of Honor], the [Plane of War], [Tipt], and [Vex Thal].");}
if($text=~/marr/i){quest::say("Well, $name, thats quite a rare request. I'll need to see some kind of Stone of Marr to transport you there. I'll return it, of course.");}
if($text=~/tranquility/i)
{
quest::say("May Tranquility be forever with you. Good luck, $name.");
quest::movepc(203,0,0,0);
}
if($text=~/bazaar/i)
{
quest::say("Remember,buy high once and awhile, $name.");
quest::movepc(152,0,0,0);
}
if($text=~/honor/i)
{
quest::say("Remember your lessons of Valor in the First Temple, $name");
quest::movepc(211,0,0,0);
}
if($text=~/War/i)
{
quest::say("Be Tacticious, $name");
quest::movepc(211,0,0,0);
}
if($text=~/vex thal/i)
{
quest::say("Remember your lessons of Valor in Vex Thal, $name");
quest::movepc(158,0,0,0);
}
if($text=~/tipt/i)
{
quest::say("In the Chambers of the Rebellion, be Valorious, $name");
quest::movepc(289,0,0,0);
}
if($text=~/sunset/i)
{
quest::say("Assist the members of New Tanaan, $name!!");
quest::movepc(26,0,0,0);
}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($item1 == 1000)
{
quest::say("Wow! Here is your renewed Stone of Valor. Remeber your lessons in the Fourth Temple!!");
quest::summonitem(1000,50);
quest::movepc(220,-3,1034.50,396.75);
}
}

When I use any of the port commands 9 out of 10 times the zone crashes. When I close EQ I see this message in an error window titled, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\EQEMu\Zone.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

Is my quest file corrupt or something? Or is there just too many commands to handle?

animepimp
07-14-2004, 04:00 AM
This is a problem with the server code, but probably triggered by your quest file being very long. I'd try splitting it up between 2 NPCs, like one that only does the stone part and the other transports to the rest of the zones.

Cisyouc
07-14-2004, 07:50 AM
When I use any of the port commands 9 out of 10 times the zone crashes. When I close EQ I see this message in an error window titled, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\EQEMu\Zone.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

Is my quest file corrupt or something? Or is there just too many commands to handle?
I think Spock made the Error messages :roll: