PDA

View Full Version : quest::ding();

cofruben
07-25-2004, 08:32 AM
actually,this simulates a 'ding' sound when used,I hope it helps,it can be very useful sometimes.We will need to add some changes.

in client.cpp,add this new function:

void Client::SendSound(){//-Cofruben:Used for ding sound.
APPLAYER* outapp = new APPLAYER(0x01a6, 68);
unsigned char x[68];
memset(x, 0, 68);
x[0]=0x22;
x[4]=0x8003;
x[8]=0x8624;
x[12]=0x4A01;
x[16]=0x05;
x[28]=0x00;//change this value to give gold to the client
x[40]=0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF;
x[48]=0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF;
x[56]=0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF;
x[64]=0xffffffff;
outapp->pBuffer=x;
outapp->priority = 6;
QueuePacket(outapp);
// DumpPacket(outapp);
safe_delete(outapp);
//this also can be used to give money to the client:You receive x gold.
}

add the correct function declaration in client.h:

void Client::SendSound();

add the correct quest function declaration in embparser.cpp:

"sub ding{push(@cmd_queue,{func=>'ding',args=>join(',',@_)});}"//-Cofruben:makes a sound in the client

and now,paste the following quest function into parser.cpp:

else if (!strcmp(strlwr(command),"ding")) {//-Cofruben:makes a sound.
if (mob && mob->IsClient())
mob->CastToClient()->SendSound();
}

I haven't tested the quest function,tell me if it works or not.That opcode used in the SendSound function,can be used to give any sort of money.Just figure it out :roll:

Dave987
07-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Great work corf, not sure if it works, but great work all the same! So by changing the send sound function , any sound can be simulated, as long as it is on the clients pc?

-imagines having a patcher, and making it play "Celebration" every time someone dings. Mwahaha! -

Thanks once again.

cofruben
07-25-2004, 10:11 PM
thanks dave,I don't think you can change the sound.That opcode,sends that specified sound,so unless there is another opcode,we can't change the sound sent.Sure there should be a way to change the sound on the client by a patcher,but you need to find that sound in your client folder.Probably is on any .xmi file,I use ssplayer to open these xmi files and play the music in.

Anyways,I'll be looking for another opcodes.If you can give me a live quest which plays another sound,better.Thanks Dave.