PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Question..

Kishward
01-19-2002, 11:38 AM
For some reason MySQL keeps denying access to me.. because of this i cannot access the EQ database with ANYTHING, thus not allowing me to do crap.. anyone know why this is happening? Another quick point.. Whenever i recieve the message telling me that acess is denied (from world.exe, and eq admin) it is saying the username and '@Kishward' (Kishward is my computer name as well) for example.. Access denied: 'eqemu@KISHWARD' so im not sure if thats the cause of all this or what.. anyhow, thanks for any help.

n00b8472
01-19-2002, 12:14 PM
I had that same problem in the beginning. The fix for me was to set host=localhost in db.ini. For some reason if I put in the actual IP, or 127.0.0.1 it can't find the database at all :(. I dunno why this has to be, but it works for me :)

Vortex
01-20-2002, 05:56 AM
I had that same problem in the beginning. The fix for me was to set host=localhost in db.ini. For some reason if I put in the actual IP, or 127.0.0.1 it can't find the database at all :(. I dunno why this has to be, but it works for me :)

In your Windows\system32\drivers\etc directory you will find a file called "hosts" below is what it looks like. Use notepad to edit it if need be. This will fix some of the resolving problems some ppl have. Be sure to save the file as a host.txt then rename it to hosts without the .txt extension.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

lokidecat
01-20-2002, 09:31 AM
another fix for getting access denied was that brute force method (which i can't take credit for)

in mysql.exe
> grant all privileges on *.* to (name)@(server) idendified by (password);

Zeitgeist
01-21-2002, 03:39 AM
yeah hehe i've posted that a couple times but that was on the old boards =)