PDA

View Full Version : Scribespell

hypershadow66
08-03-2004, 07:07 PM
How do you make the quest scribe all the spells for the user?

thedark2004
08-03-2004, 07:14 PM
quest::scribespells(65);

hypershadow66
08-03-2004, 07:24 PM
yeah i found it i searched after i posted :wink: and it showed it, thanks tho

cofruben
08-03-2004, 10:22 PM
btw...implemented it so it will scribe spells up to user lvl.

hypershadow66
08-04-2004, 02:28 AM
that would be quest::scribespell() yes?

Cripp
08-04-2004, 02:30 AM
wouldnt this work too? quest::scribespell($ulevel);

cofruben
08-04-2004, 04:19 AM
syntax is quest::scribespells();,doingquest::scribespells($u level); won't make anything,unless you change the code.

jimbox114
08-06-2004, 06:14 AM
I am haveing some trouble with this quest. I did a direct cut and past from the above post and added it to my own quest. First thing I noticed is when you hail the mob Spells_Wizard she automatically says both parts of the quest. I have double checked it and can't see any reason she should say the quest section spells without the player actually saying spells? Anyways here is what the text reads, hopefully it won't look to sloppy in the forum:

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hello $name, are you interested in haveing your [spells] scribed?");}
if ($text=~ /spells/i){quest::say("You have come to the right person, however I need you to do me a small favor. I do not like those thieves that have been hanging around the sewers. You do know where I am talking about right? It is the ones to the left of the gates of Freeport which lead you to North Freeport. Anyways bring me one of there daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{1451} == 1){quest::say("Thank you for your troubles $name. As promised here is your spells.");
quest::exp(25);}
}

sotonin
08-06-2004, 06:54 AM
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hello $name, are you interested in haveing your [spells] scribed?");}
if ($text=~ /spells/i){quest::say("You have come to the right person, however I need you to do me a small favor. I do not like those thieves that have been hanging around the sewers. You do know where I am talking about right? It is the ones to the left of the gates of Freeport which lead you to North Freeport. Anyways bring me one of there daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{1451} == 1){quest::say("Thank you for your troubles $name. As promised here is your spells.");
}

hmm. very strange. i don't see anything wrong. except for some mispellings. Which you might want to work out before putting this on a live server =)

haveing = having

Anyways bring me one of there daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.

there = their

As promised here is your spells.

here *are your spells.

But as far as the scribespells() command. passing a lvl through it won't do anything according to what Cofruben said. It simply scribes all spells for whatever level you are. So if you are lvl 5 and use it. youll have all spells up to lvl 5. ... not to 65. This is what cofruben seems to have said a few posts up. Never used it myself.

jimbox114
08-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Yea I probably got alot of mispells in there, been adding alot of quests lately, mainly looking to just get them to work before checking the spellings, etc. I will try taking the number out and see how it does. But yea when you turn that item in she just does nothing at all. I put that experience in there to see if it was doing anything under the item turn in event. I also can't figure out why she displays the text after the quest for spells either. I guess I will go in and delete her from the database and spawn a new one and try again. I will try taking out the numbers first see what happens, then if that dont' work will just make a new mob and see what happens. If that don't work I guess I will just cry.

Charmy
08-06-2004, 09:17 AM
LoL ok here is your problem

Hail SPELLS_Wizard

you are saying Hail and Spells in the same sentence =) so its activating both parts of the quest. Either you need to change the name of the mob, (give him/her a real name Jimmy CasterGuy, and in the lastname field in the database put Spells Wizard. that way when you hail the mob you won't be saying spells.) Or you can use a different word like [learn] instead of [spells]. You could also use a few of the operators to make it only activate when someone says spells by itself, but i find that people find the strangest ways to RP when they respond to the quests, so your best bet is to change it to a different word, or change the quests name.

sotonin
08-06-2004, 09:36 AM
omg so obvious. can't beleive i didnt notice that =)

cofruben
08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
nice english class lol

Cisyouc
08-06-2004, 11:13 AM
nice english class lolHeh confruben, and with that in mind I refer you to this. (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16075&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=0)

Grammar > All.

Richardo
08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the ideas fellas :)

jimbox114
08-06-2004, 01:04 PM
I actually changed it to scribe instead of spells thinking the same thing. However handing them the item don't scribe the spells still. Going to try changeing there name to something else and see what it does.

Cisyouc
08-06-2004, 01:30 PM
I actually changed it to scribe instead of spells thinking the same thing. However handing them the item don't scribe the spells still. Going to try changeing there name to something else and see what it does.

Heh

However handing them the item don't scribe the spells still.
However, handing them the item doesn't scribe the spells still. Im not too great at sentence control so I dont critique others for it but spelling....ugh that just bugs me.

changeing there You mean changing their. Let me guess? Are you 10-13? (Not as an insult, just curious).

Anyway, I plan to use scribespells(); soon here in one of my quests so ill report back to this thread on the effectiveness via 5.7-DR6 stock source.

killspree
08-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Guys, this forum isn't for critiqing whatever elementary school teachings there are in various countries - it's for quest creation. Lets keep it to that, thanks!

sotonin
08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
ya typos happen. sorry i started it. but i just critiqued his Code. There's nothing i hate worse than being on a server and seeing blatantly mispelled words in the quests.

cofruben
08-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Try changing the scribespells function(parser.cpp) with the contents of #scribespells command.You will need to enter an integer as argument to tell the level.I hope I have not so much english faults lol.

jimbox114
08-07-2004, 06:34 AM
I tried changing the quest around, and I even made a whole new npc (A_Teacher_of_Magic) and still get the same thing. I tried it with the 65 in there, and I tried it without anything in it, here is what I have right now:

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hello $name, are you interested in having your spells [scribed]?");}
if ($text=~ /scribed/i){quest::say("You have come to the right person, however I need you to do me a small favor. I do not like those thieves that have been hanging around the sewers. You do know where I am talking about right? It is the ones to the left of the gates of Freeport which lead you to North Freeport. Anyways bring me one of their daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.");}
if ($text=~ /just do it/i){quest::say("You don't have to get nasty $name, fine here is your blasted spells!"); quest::scribespells();}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{1451} == 1){quest::say("Thank you for your assistance $name. As promised here is your spells.");
}

When I say "Just do it" I don't even get the text. When I hand item 1451 in, I don't get no text and I don't get the exp either. Basically the only reason I have the exp in there is just to see if any of it works. Pretty much all it does right now is responds to hail and scribed. You know, now that I think of it I don't think there is any servers that has a working spells scriber? Is this possibly a command that simply don't work as part of a quest atm? Might just end up doing like scorp2k does and just have gm's do it.

On the brighter side got some of my quests working that I couldn't get to work before. Penfrost's Quest can now be completed.

Cisyouc
08-08-2004, 07:04 AM
# perlQuest
#Quest by Cisyouc of Prexus II
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i){quest::say("Greetings, $name. If you would run me a small task, I can teach you the [magics] of a $class.");}
if($text=~/magic/i){quest::say("You shall learn the Magics when I am comfortable, here. Bring me the dagger of thieves of North Freeport, and I should be ready.");}
if($text=~/just do it/i){quest::say("Now, now. No need to get testy. Here you are.");quest::scribespells();}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($item1 == 1451){quest::say("Ahh, another fiend slain by the Heroes of Freeport. Thank you my friend, you are welcome here in Freeport.");quest::scribespells();}
}
Do NOT change this quest without trying it first (unless I made a syntax error I didn't catch) because the issue might be a buffer overrun on the server. Just a thought.

jimbox114
08-08-2004, 11:26 AM
I copied it and put it in there. Does nothing when I say Just do it and does nothign when handed item 1451.

chanceibmny
08-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys :) I just started working w/ jimbox114 and I've done a few quests of my own so hopefully between the 2 of us, we can get this working (<3 quests in every aspect) And dont worry, I'll teach him to spell yet :P

Boggles/Tovya

Cisyouc
08-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Do you have any zone.exe errors jimbox?

jimbox114
08-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Do you have any zone.exe errors jimbox?

When people do the quest there is a unknown opcode that shows up under the Zone window.

Darkwaters
08-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Out of curiousity whats the unknown opcode, someone is going to ask anyhow =)
Darkwaters