PDA

View Full Version : Item Editor 2.0

mangoo
08-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Hey everyone! It's my birthday today, August 5th, and I have a present for you all, the RELEASE version of Item Editor 2.0!!

Download: here (http://emu.fliphost.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=14).

Updates
- Preview Window: This is similar to the 1.x preview, but with many changes. The window is free standing, you no longer have to close the window in order to continue editing. In fact, as you edit, the preview window auto updates itself (there is a known bug resulting from changing info within a combobox, stats can be fixed by re-opening preview if this happens). Also, the preview window has been greatly expanded on since 1.x and looks almost just like it would ingame, minus spell descriptions.

- Search Window: Like the preview window, the search window is free standing. Unfortunately, I have not yet expanded on this as I did with the preview window. However, when clicking on an item in the search window, the item will automatically load into the editing window.

- Database Version Checking: For awhile now, a new entry has been loaded into "variables" table when you source in an item database. This new entry is the item database version and looks something like "10.234". The "10" relates to the item structure version and the "234" would indicate changes to the actual items and/or added items. Item Editor will check this variable to make sure the user has the corrisponding item database and return with 1 of 4 responses: 1) No response: the user has the corresponding item database; 2) Messagebox: User has an outdated item database; 3) Messagebox: User has a newer item database than Item Editor; 4) Messagebox: No version entry found.

Fixes
Only 1 fix in this version. Originally when the field "Unknown008" was added to the database, I thought it was going to be moved over in the column order to be alongside the other Unknowns, so Beta3 was made to load the database in this order. Since it is still in the same position, at the end of the column list, I have changed all the saving/loading functions in order to accomidate this.

*EDIT*
The description of the fixes may seem a bit confusing. Basically in Beta3 you needed to modify your database to work with Item Editor. In release, you do not need to do any modifications.

Xabob
08-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Very good job man very good

Cisyouc
08-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Link not working for me /shrug

mangoo
08-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Link not working for me /shrug

My host seems a bit sluggish today, but the link should work.

Cripp
08-05-2004, 08:58 AM
yay, thanks so much mangoo, looks great :D

so should we put unknown008 after unknown007 or at the end...

mangoo
08-05-2004, 09:03 AM
yay, thanks so much mangoo, looks great :D

so should we put unknown008 after unknown007 or at the end...

From a fresh item database source, you do not need to modify your database. Unknown008 should stay at the end. I was actually editing my original message to clear things up on that when you posted. :P

Liscadipesce
08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Geez, no one even wishing mangoo a happy birthday....

Happy Bday Mangoo! Hope ya have a great day.

Thanks for another great release!

hypershadow66
08-05-2004, 09:49 AM
yah happy birthday! lol

Xabob
08-05-2004, 12:22 PM
i said happy Bday on irc bish shows what u know but yea happy bday lol

hypershadow66
08-05-2004, 07:25 PM
lol where you talking to me or lindascepade or whatevr?

Liscadipesce
08-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I was talking to everyone who posted, but in a joking manner.

And btw hypershadow, instead of spamming the forums with one sentence posts, posts something thats worthwhile, I've noticed a trend with you and others have noticed also.

Some of your posts are decent, but most are short.

mangoo
08-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Liscadipesce, stop spamming my topic! This is about Item Editor, thank you. :P

gordonzero
09-11-2004, 09:01 AM
hey mangoo i'm working on an Item Creation Wizzard. I'm writing int in VB6 and i was wondering a cuple of things about yoru program. First is what Code did you use to write it. second is would you be willing to let me use some of your code to make the wizard look and function a little bit better. (mainly the Item Icon View)

Pleas reply as soon as you see this... Thanks

GZ

cofruben
09-11-2004, 10:09 AM
I guess he used c++,with mysql++ libraries.Or at least is how I have done the mini item editor.

relorm500
09-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Go Mangoo......2.0 should be good....i mean really good

Cutter
09-18-2004, 01:21 PM
This program is awesome.. im glad of the update.. but i do have one problem.. nothing is saving in my database at all.. its loading i can create items etc.. but when i hit save.. nothing happens.. and saves dont take place..

i believe it has something to do with what i need to put when it asks for database location or host..

what do i need to put there?
localhost or 127.0.0.1

other than that im not sure what im doing wrong..

CHowell2005
09-18-2004, 01:24 PM
if your in windows localhost should resolve to 127.0.0.1....there isa file to check to make sure this is true but i forget what it is....also i cant help you if your on linux.....if you want to double check that you have the correct info for connecting to your database go to www.mysql.com and download the control center and enter the same info in it...if you can connect then its correct info...if not...change it

Cutter
09-18-2004, 01:29 PM
ok i use front mysql and i use it to edit my database.. btw i do use windows... i also do use localhost and or 127.0.0.1.. so maybe thats not the issue .. still the case i cannot makes saves in my database...

Cutter
09-18-2004, 01:39 PM
this is what i have in setup..

database name:name
user:username
password:password
database location: 127.0.0.1
everquest directory: c:\program files\sony\everquest

also i get this error on start up .. item database version not found.. but it still loads up

Xabob
09-25-2004, 03:58 AM
Mine just crashes when i try to load the db for 5.9 help? lol

mrea
10-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Great Editor, but one problem. How in the hell do you make click effects on the item? All the other effect types work, but when I try to add charges anywhere from 1- 1000 it always says "This item is out of charges". Thanks ahead of time.

gordonzero
10-15-2004, 11:14 PM
This project needs to go open source sence there are new icons avalible now... The ItemDB was changed in 0.6.0 ... and the clicky items dosn't work and needs to ad a cuple of db modifactions for it to work

This Program should be open source and i don't see why it's not. Alot of people would like to make improvments to this and to be able to see some of the code that went into this.

movieman
10-21-2004, 08:24 AM
I get version not found, then it loads the database, but it won't save any changes I make. It claims to save them, but when I quit and reload the program, the changes have gone...

hypershadow66
11-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Also the Icon button isnt working for me so now every item i make is invisble.

Laviathon
11-06-2004, 08:56 AM
exelent work on this ... have a few questions
it loads up and everyhting fine
so i was wondering is the version able to work with 6.0 DR2 ?

the prob i am haveing is

1. i can save to TXT .. but other then that i can not save to anything else

2. i get the error message when i load it up .. item database version not found

3. i cannot create any items my item list goes to 77768 so i tryed to make an item 77769 it says 1 new item created but does not show up in my list

also i have been trying to use MySQL-Front to make / alter items but get an error in german and i have my settings set up for english the error happens when i click on items then data browser

thank you for your time

Zengez
11-24-2004, 04:08 PM
it loads up and everyhting fine
so i was wondering is the version able to work with 6.0 DR2 ?

the prob i am haveing is

1. i can save to TXT .. but other then that i can not save to anything else

2. i get the error message when i load it up .. item database version not found

3. i cannot create any items my item list goes to 77768 so i tryed to make an item 77769 it says 1 new item created but does not show up in my list
Had the same problems when i accidently d/led the 5.x item editor... downloaded the one off this thread (2.0) and now it just says "Item database is newer than item editor, please contact Mangoo" or something along those lines... i'll assume this is a known thing and that another one is on it's way or whatnot, but just thought i'd mention that could be your problem Laviathon /shrug