PDA

View Full Version : emote animations

sotonin
08-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Another issue i've encountered is only evident on certain mobs.

I noticed that when i hail Lord Lyfyx of Burwood in soltemple.

he physically bows to me. performs the bow emote i assume.
Is there a way we have to make npcs do things like these as well and not just the emote that says the person bows.

On another note. i was in shadowrest collecting and noticed various random emotes (although they were in yellow and didnt seem to originate from a specific npc.)

You hear the cracking of bones beneath the Keeper's robes.
etc. there were like 3 that repeat.

How can we do these "yellow" emotes and how can we make them go off on a set or random interval ? Also something new i noticed when i hail the keeper of lost souls, his text response is in RED not the normal say color. how can we do this as well?

bbum
08-08-2004, 01:22 PM
would'nt it be the same way you make them say things at a random time with exept with quest::me instead of quest::say ?

and when you do quest::doanim you have to follow it with a quest::me if you want to emote something anyway, right?

animepimp
08-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Currently you would have to have a mob that had a timer running to do random world emotes. But this could be a untargetable, invisible mob so that it comes from nowhere and can't die. And to do it at random intervals you would basically have to have the timer event stop the timer and start a new timer with a random length. Randoms are built into perl and easy to call, check out the random item summon threads.

sotonin
08-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Hmm. quest::me what does this do exactly?

Is there a list somewhere of the various animations?

animepimp
08-08-2004, 01:38 PM
quest::me takes some text and prints it to the player's screen. It doesn't add anything to the front like say does. So if you do quest::me("You hear creepy noises.") the player will jsut see "You hear creepy noises." instead of seeing "mob5 says "You hear creepy noises."".

bbum
08-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Currently you would have to have a mob that had a timer running to do random world emotes. But this could be a untargetable, invisible mob so that it comes from nowhere and can't die. And to do it at random intervals you would basically have to have the timer event stop the timer and start a new timer with a random length. Randoms are built into perl and easy to call, check out the random item summon threads.

woot. that sounds like a leet idea. i didnt know thats what sotonin was talkin about.

bbum
08-11-2004, 09:20 PM
can you make an invisible untargetable mob that repsonds when you say something?

and is it possible to make emote happen as you walk in a house or something like that?

sotonin
08-11-2004, 09:31 PM
not sure (

is there a list anywhere of:

A) all the currently implemented quest::commands and what they do
B) all the emotes for use with quest::doanim

thanks

cofruben
08-11-2004, 11:17 PM
get CQE 2.0,and you will see most commands and variables.

killspree
08-12-2004, 12:39 AM
doanim() numbers:

1 - Kick
2 - Piercing
3 - 2h slash
4 - 2h blunt/piercing
5 - Throw
6 - Offhand attack
7 - Bash/Dragon Punch
8 - Mainhand slash
9 - Shoot bow
10 - Swim
11 - Round Kick
12 - Shake head no
13 - Embarassed(looks down)
14 - Embarassed(looks down)
15 - Falling backwards animation
16 - Death animation
17 - Elbows at waist, hands pointing out
18 - Hands pointing straight down
19 - Run animation(I think)
20 - Jump
21 - Falling face first
22 - Duck walking
23 - No idea
24 - Bow
25 - Swimming in place
26 - Idle animation(troll scratches butt, etc)
27 - Cheer
28 - Disgusted
29 - Wave
30 - Rude
31 - Yawn
32 - No emote(?)
33 - Sit down
34 - Walk backwards(I think)
35 - No emote(?)
36 - Kneel
37 - Swim
38 - Sitting down
39 - No emote(?)
40 - No emote(?)
41 - No emote(?)
42 - Cast anim(Canni, etc)
43 - Cast anim(Buffs, etc)
44 - Cast anim(Lifetap, nuke, etc)
45 - Flying Kick
46 - Tiger Claw
47 - Eagle Strike
48 - Nod yes
49 - Shake head no
50 - Plead
51 - Applaud/clap
52 - No idea
53 - Blush
54 - Chuckle
55 - No idea
56 - Duck(the emote)
57 - Curious look
58 - Dance
59 - Disagree
60 - Glare
61 - Peer
62 - Kneel
63 - Laugh
64 - Point
65 - Shrug
66 - Raise hand
67 - Salute
68 - Shiver
69 - Tap Foot
70 - Bow
71 - None(?)
72 - None(?)
73 - Sit down

Some of them(the ones labeled None(?)), I'm not sure about. I don't know if they're just not emotes(maybe they were taken out during beta), or if they're class/race specific. You'll have to play around with them a bit with various classes to see...I don't really have the spare time to.

Some I'm not sure exactly what the emote is...again, take a look at them and see if you can judge for yourself.

Anyways, that's a pretty complete list other than the ones I'm not sure on, and the ones that didn't emote at all for me with the races I used(troll warrior, dark elf warrior). I also pulled a few from source(the only ones there) for flying kick, etc. They were some of the None(?) emotes, so it's quite possible the others are class specific as well.

sotonin
08-12-2004, 12:42 AM
perfect killspree. thanks