PDA

View Full Version : Simple teleport player script for newcomers

jimbox114
08-10-2004, 06:11 AM
Been wanting to help out the community some, we all know I have taken more then my fair share. Anyways here is a simple script to get a mob to teleport players around. Just make sure you change the numbers to #zoneid,X,Y,X when your doing it. I have noticed many of your servers don't make use of this command, but it can really add to the usefulness of a zone, mainly alot of your planes of power zones. Im sure most of you know alot of your zones like potimeb, solrotower, potorment, etc have area's only acceible by porting to them. On live server this usually is done by killing a mini_boss who spawns a mob who will move you (or your group) by hailing them. Anyways hope this helps some people out.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Say [ready] if you want me to move you somewhere");}
if ($text=~ /ready/i){quest::say("Very well, off you go then."); quest::movepc(219,-7,5,189);}
}

If you want to spawn a quest mob from your database here is a sample of a script you could use. Give this script to say Big_Boss_Mob. Questspawn works like quest:spawn(npcid, 0,0,x,y,z) You will have to have a premade mob in your database somewhere with a quest script similar to the above to get this to work. Needless to say this is generic text I have for the example, I would obviously change it to something less generic. I am not actually 100% sure what the 0,0 after the npcid is for, I know from testing it you will still spawn a working mob with 0. So if yo dont know what it is, I recommend just leaving it 0.

sub EVENT_DEATH
{
quest::shout("ARG you killed me, now you have freed A_Mob from my evil clutches");
quest::spawn(281227,0,0,82,68,184);
}

You can get the Zoneid's out of the eqemu guidebook, which is stickied in one of those help forums.

killspree
08-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Those 0's after the npcid are for guildwars server NPCs, if I recall.

sotonin
08-10-2004, 06:21 AM
arg. the cluttered code hurts my head. =D

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){
quest::say("Say [ready] if you want me to move you somewhere");
}
if ($text=~ /ready/i){
quest::say("Very well, off you go then.");
quest::movepc(219,-7,5,189);
}
}

might wanna get in the habit of formatting it so it's more readable and doesn't run together so much.