PDA

View Full Version : Airships :)

Malevolent
04-27-2002, 12:33 PM
While watching the sirensbane sail about the land, I realized something. If the z coordinate was increased to a higher loc, then one could have airships flying about the zone. One could even attach a mob or two (say some gnomes) and have them pilot flying airships about various zones :)

Lurker_005
04-27-2002, 12:58 PM
God I love hearing all your ideas Mal. Your pushing the possibilities a lot :)

stormgod
04-27-2002, 12:59 PM
remember me saying that you would make flying doors one day

Hmm
04-27-2002, 03:02 PM
yep, lurker!! lol

Hmm
04-27-2002, 03:03 PM
about the flying doors idea how about this..

one door is set as reward door randomly and shouts "open me and be rewarded!" and people search for that door heh

Venny
04-29-2002, 03:48 AM
That would be so cool! I always dreamed of having airships in EQ...perhaps a spell or item could be created that would spawn a airship on demand? I guess the biggest issues would be which zones would you use it in, and how high could you go and how would you board the ship.

Skyfire/OT would be a cool zone to traverse in an airship...dang you could pretty much create your own version of the Spelljammer campaign setting in d&d with this, could even have ship to ship combat and flying mobs that you do combat with on the deck of your ship!

Venny
04-29-2002, 03:52 AM
Another thought on the airship/spelljammer concept...on my server whenever I zone into vexthal I appear below the world and fall forever seemingly. Below I can see Norrath and everything else is just space. If you could make the ships able to fly around in this space below the world, you could sorta recreate the spelljammer concept of ships flying around in space. Just a thought =)

Malevolent
04-29-2002, 04:05 AM
One problem is that not all zones have ships, and a ship model is required (you could get away with using a canoe I reckon). Another is that I currently am having problems with the vertical axis and npcs (i'm having problems moving it to a new z_pos). But, if you spawn a ship at high location then it will stay there. I'm not really sure where all you can spawn a ship. E.g., Sirens Bane will spawn in butcher and freporte, but not in freportw. A cheat is to spawn it near a mountain and find a way to staff a small hut or something near it.

If you have an npc (whose z_pos do change properly)

I've got scripted waypoints sorta working, and can have the ship move between them (sorta == counter just doesn't reset). I'd like to stick flying doors on the side of it, but would be a bit much. As you could have planks.

The Captain of the ship says, "Arg! Walk dis 'ere plank, fellon!"

I want to make use of I can figure out a way to make use of OP_ControlShip, I'd like to give players the ability to buy ships much like they would houses. Click on your ship, and say "Set Sail!" and you'll be able to navigate it about.

Then, if two guilds had ships with wizards on it, you could have some really cool ship combat. :)

kiff
04-29-2002, 05:55 AM
how does the flymode work could this be helpfull in getting you z-mode to work?

Kiff

Malevolent
04-29-2002, 06:17 AM
I've tried #summoning the ship to a new zloc, but it just refuses to move. It reports to me that the vertical coordinate does change with each new waypoint, but it refuses to display that. However, if I spawn npctype 4603 in butcher while in flymode, it works. But, of course, it can't go up or down.

Hmm
04-29-2002, 08:03 AM
boats is pretty much immune to conning spells melee damage and gravity.

i changed myself to boat in qeynos and it gave me flying ability same as #flymode 1. i think client refuses to recoize the z axis changes from boats too. but apperently if boats are players it ignore that z axis rule..

TheClaus
04-29-2002, 08:42 AM
So if you lets say own a airship then you would have to make a command or spell that would turn you into a ship and give you flymode. That would be cool.

Ariak
04-30-2002, 10:37 AM
You are a genius.