PDA

View Full Version : Mongrel: Spell Editor request

killspree
08-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure if you're still working on the spell editor, but if you are, I have a few requests if they're possible. Is there any chance you could set up the editor so it pulls the "New Spell Visual", "Skill", and "Effect Type" info from text files? It would be really nice, incase I find out info on certain fields that you haven't found yet...then I could just edit the text file and they'd appear on the dropdown menu.

Mongrel
08-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I already thought about that months ago, but I was too lazy to do it (the consts are just too easy to use :P )

I'll see what I can do.

yoru
08-11-2004, 07:07 PM
i will <3 u forever if u bring out a new version

KhaN
08-11-2004, 07:51 PM
I found a bug in Spell Editor some days ago, when you change spell icons, the spellbar gem icon will loop at image 1 after 99 or 100 (cant remember).

Magoth78
09-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Sorry for bumping this post but I'm looking for ur spell editor mongrel. And as ur site is down, would it possible to email me it to funzy78@hotmail.Com ?

thanks a ton,
mag

Mongrel
09-09-2004, 06:19 AM
Stuff is now available at http://eqemu.camongrel.de/

Gotta change my sig.

Mongrel
09-23-2004, 10:44 PM
Version 0.6a is out!

Finally got around to implementing the requested change (sorry, couldn't find the reason for the icon bug, will continue looking for it).

You can now change the names of (almost) all values. Here's the (small) changelog:

Version 0.6a:
- Almost all strings can now be edited from a file (value names, effects, visuals, environments, targets, skills and formulas)

You can get the binary and source at eqemu.camongrel.de (http://eqemu.camongrel.de)

KhaN
09-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Very nice Mongrel, and i cant wait to see the icons bug fixed :p

movieman
10-21-2004, 08:27 AM
It loads in the spell list OK, I can create a new spell at the end of the list, but then pretty much anything I click on brings up an error box in German about address 403ee0 accessing address fffffffc.

Mongrel
10-21-2004, 06:53 PM
I know, happens to me as well. I'm gonna fix it tonight.

killspree
10-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Something else I noticed - or maybe I did something wrong when adding effect types to the text file...but anyway. It seems that the effecttype number is capped to 200?

Mongrel
10-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Don't know why it could be capped at 200, but I'll look into that as well.

movieman
10-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks! I've been creating a bunch of new spells on my local server, so this will be much easier than editing the files by hand :).

Mongrel
10-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Well, there seems to be a larger problem somewhere deep inside, which will take a bit longer to find.

Some examples for the crashes:
My main form is stored in a variable named:
var MainForm: TMainForm;

If you know Delphi, you know that this the standard way to create forms. For some weird reason this object becomes nil, although I'm never writing to it.

Similiarly, I have lots of arrays which contain, say, the available skills. At some point these arrays simply become zero length and thus the reads fail and cause the crashes.

I must be overwriting all these pointers somewhere, but I have no f*ing clue where.

:(

I'll work on this over the weekend, maybe I have to rewrite parts or the whole code.