PDA

View Full Version : Login Problems? Is there still a problem with the Login?

wired
08-22-2004, 02:55 PM
I just recently found out about this program and am pretty new to win32 based server applications.

When I try to login it simply tells me the server isn't working. Is this the problem with the patched to live minilogin? And if so... Has anyone found a way around it?

I hate to ask whats probably a redundant question but I have searched the forums for the last 48 hours in search of getting this setup.

I do have the MiniLogin and World and Boot5zones running error free. Just can't get past the login screen.

Cisyouc
08-22-2004, 03:35 PM
If you patched to live you can't play, thats broken.
If you're using minilogin you can't play, thats broken.
If you do a fresh CD install you can't play, thats not broken but it doesn't work.

wired
08-22-2004, 04:50 PM
So otherwards as of right now to new users of this software its useless huh? I've tried other emulators but they all suck. Sure hope it gets fixed, cause this one looks and sounds pimp.

wired
08-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Are there any other login servers that would work? Obviously some people still have working servers up. Has to be some way to do it. We have about 25 people in my town that are itching to play on a private server for fun.

mattmeck
08-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Some server are running custom content that require a patcher, if you want to play find one of those. Use search asking is not a good thing.

As to starting a server, your SOL till things are current with live.

wired
08-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Is there a linux login that works that I could set up another box just for logins? I don't want to play other peoples. I want to run my own. Tired of Power Tripping GMs first off, and second, I don't want to level all over again. I strictly want this for reference purposes and to have fun with local IRL friends.

Cisyouc
08-23-2004, 05:27 AM
Is there a linux login that works that I could set up another box just for logins? I don't want to play other peoples. I want to run my own. Tired of Power Tripping GMs first off, and second, I don't want to level all over again. I strictly want this for reference purposes and to have fun with local IRL friends.There are linux boards for support questions regarding linux.

No. There is not a public login exe nor src release.
No. The minilogin does not work anymore (broken)
No. The login server will not be released at this time.
No. The login server won't be released any time in the planned future.
No. We will not make you a new minilogin (I suggest you read posts by "Linera" in the Pig Pen ( Post Jailhouse ).

wired
08-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Little rude to be a moderator and be acting like such to new users. As I've noticed I see new recent posts are low. Maybe if you changed your attitude user loads would pick back up. I'm looking into redoing the minilogin with a friend who is a bit better than me at programming, but with moderators like you I definately won't be releasing it here.

Cisyouc
08-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Little rude to be a moderator and be acting like such to new users. As I've noticed I see new recent posts are low. Maybe if you changed your attitude user loads would pick back up. I'm looking into redoing the minilogin with a friend who is a bit better than me at programming, but with moderators like you I definately won't be releasing it here.Im not a moderator....

And I'm sorry if you took that as rude I was just stating the facts to answer all aspects of the question.

Melwin
08-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Little rude to be a moderator and be acting like such to new users. As I've noticed I see new recent posts are low. Maybe if you changed your attitude user loads would pick back up. I'm looking into redoing the minilogin with a friend who is a bit better than me at programming, but with moderators like you I definately won't be releasing it here.

Cisyouc isn't a moderator.

mattmeck
08-23-2004, 12:35 PM
<--------- is what a moderator looks like

Melwin
08-23-2004, 12:44 PM
You can identify forum moderators and developers by their bolded titles, and/or text under their title (mattmeck's "Moderator" for instance). :)

Portersan
11-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Alrighty, so the login doesn't work for me at all as in even earlier than everyone elses. At login, it still gives me

Error: Username and/or Password are not valid. Check them and try again.

I checked. I tried changing the password on the board, I tried all kinds of case sensitivity combinations. Nothing fixes it. I patched to live, I installed the DR6 patch, I did the re-texture patch. Still gives me the same login error.

Any ideas?