PDA

View Full Version : Bugs..

Ariak
04-28-2002, 12:44 PM
1) Exp Caps - there are none. Need to cap exp off on a yellow so you don't get insta-dings. 1 level 8 shouldn't give 20 times the amount of exp as an even con level 5 mob does.

2) Mana Pool - Don't know what's up, but the Base mana pool is really small :(

(I am working on Leveling a SK now, he's level 9, wrote spells down that I need to scribe ;) )

Hmm
04-28-2002, 03:18 PM
yeah xp caps is normally half yellow at lvl 1 down to half blue at 40s. dunno the exact curve it is but its about that.

devn00b
04-28-2002, 07:36 PM
id like to add that tonight while playing my rogue thatt piercing skill was going up as wind intr. =P alomost got skills right!

Hmm
04-29-2002, 08:06 AM
dev its normal. my rogues in eqlive kill on percing always went up to max before i gotten a new yellow till about 175 skill then it started gaining slowly.

devn00b
04-29-2002, 11:37 AM
ononon i start with 1 skill... and it says somthing like

Your SKill at wind instruments has gone up (2)

Your SKill at wind instruments has gone up (3)

Your SKill at wind instruments has gone up (4)

etc..etc...

now im no bard! im a rogue and have 2 fine steel daggers in my hand.

Hmm
04-29-2002, 02:47 PM
ohh i thought ya mean as wind as in very fast...

Baron Sprite
04-29-2002, 06:02 PM
yeah was happening awhile ago, think it was trump who checked the eqemu skills to the ones I found out while working on my spdat def file, and found out the emu is off skill wise ;)

devn00b
04-29-2002, 06:51 PM
ahh i thought i read they had fixed that..my bad =P

Drawde
04-30-2002, 07:10 AM
I noticed the "wind instruments" 1HP skill bug too!
The problem with mana isn't that the pool is too small, but that mana regeneration isn't recognised by the server, only the client (the code that checks whether you've enough mana to cast a spell seems to be client-side), so when you cast a spell your mana is reset to zero. The only solution to this at the minute (if you want to play without "cheating") seems to be to wait for your mana bar to fully recharge, then type #mana which will set the server-side mana pool to full. If you're just playing around or testing out things then just assign a macro to #mana!

Another thing I noticed is that the "recharge" time for Lay Hands and Harm Touch is incredibly short (about 10-15 seconds), in EQLive it only recharges when you die or after a day in game-time. Currently Paladins are nearly invincible!

Hmm
04-30-2002, 01:39 PM
it may be related to that superfast eating too... oddly is i still has food and drink i think server telling client to delete eaten/expired whatever items from inv.

it may be related to other's report that client hp client not being updated, and mana isnt being updated server side

Baron Sprite
04-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Game time needs to have it's ratio fixed, to sum it all up. ;)

Drawde
05-06-2002, 02:01 AM
%CHARNAME% in NPC dialogue scripts is displayed as HARNAME in-game (it worked properly in pre-3.1 versions)
NPCs cast Cancel Magic-type spells on themselves (presumably dispelling all the buffs they spent ages casting..)