PDA

View Full Version : totally lost

Zetas
08-27-2004, 06:38 PM
ok, im sorry for this post, it seems like my question is just assumed by everyone which leads me to believe im missing some files in my emu version or something, i currently have 0.5.7-DR6 and im trying to get the perl quest system to work, i installed perl and followed the instructions on the guide verbatim(sp?).

however, on my 5 zone windows it says nothing about loading anything about perl in. it seems like im missing a step and all the guides say 5.2 or 5.3+ servers and i would think that 5.7dr6 meets that requirement, i tried to redownload the binaries but cannot find them on sourceforge, all that is there is the emu admin tools, packetcollector, openzone, guildwars, and the databases.

times like this i feel as though im going crazy, any help would be greatly appreciated.

mattmeck
08-27-2004, 06:54 PM
DR = Developer releice, thats why pre-compiled binaries arent avaluble

It sounds like the binaries you have werent compiled with perl enabled, grab the source off SF and compile it with perl.

If you cant compile then your SOL and shouldnt be trying to run a server till the Devs but out pre-compiled binaries.

jimbox114
08-28-2004, 05:08 AM
There is a thread somewhere around here that does have precompiled .5.7dr6 with perl enabled.

Cisyouc
08-28-2004, 05:59 AM
There is a thread somewhere around here that does have precompiled .5.7dr6 with perl enabled.I wasn't going to post this but..

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15601

Next time, read the forums, Zetas. This thread is not hard to find at all.

Zetas
08-28-2004, 07:12 AM
sorry i didnt even look in there cause it says "not a support forum"