PDA

View Full Version : C/C++ Compile Issues

TheDreamX
04-29-2002, 09:58 AM
Ok, finally got down to one measly little error. Cannot find input file zlib.lib. I copied zlib.lib to the common, world, and zone folders, but didn't work. I looked throughout the source code and couldn't even find where the file is called. What's the problem?

BTW, I posted in the sticky thread for help, but was never replied to. Sorry to add more useless jibber-jabber to the board.

Trumpcard
04-29-2002, 04:20 PM
You need to add the directory for zlib to the lib path..

Think in VC6 you do it in project->settings...

Do a google search on including a lib in vc6, you should find something.. Been awhile since I played with the code on win32, so cant exactly remember...

strychn
04-29-2002, 04:40 PM
or put zlib in the libs dir.
that would be the easiest way.

Boogahed
05-02-2002, 10:17 AM
In MSVC++ the folder where it resides needs to be referenced under Library Files - Tools->Options then Directories tab.

TheDreamX
05-03-2002, 08:46 AM
Ok, last problem (I hope). Server compiles fine, but when it runs, it says that it cannot find DB.ini and to see the readme. Well, there was no readme (in C++ project there was, but when I clicked it, it said there is no file called readme.txt) and I tried putting DB.ini from the executables in every single source code folder with no luck. Does anyone know how to implement DB.ini?

Boogahed
05-03-2002, 09:43 AM
db.ini is used when you actually run the server, not during compiling.
Are you replacing the World.exe and ZoneNT.exe files in the binary distribution folder or are you trying to run them on their own?

devn00b
05-03-2002, 10:30 AM
My Current issue is while compiling of World.exe i get the following error

LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj) : error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in

and heaps others following that (18)

and

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBCMTD" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
../Build/WorldGF.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

anyone able to tell me how to fix this? been way tooo long since ive done any C coding (Borland C++ was still dos only, and uh whats windows? )

TheDreamX
05-03-2002, 11:13 AM
Boogahed - I know that db.ini is not used during complie. Thr program compiles, but when I run that program it gives me the error. I'm trying to run in a seperate folder (the projects "build" folder). You know when you compile and run at the same time in MSVC6? Anyway, I only copied over the db.ini file from the downloaded binary files. Plus, after I compile, C does not make a world.exe (is it supposed to), only a zonent.exe

Boogahed
05-03-2002, 12:06 PM
You have to set the active configuration for the exe you want to Build. It can be found under Build->Set Active Configuration.
Ive been setting mine for "World - Win32 Release" for World.exe and "Zone - Win32 Release" for ZoneNT.exe

Did you try backing up your original World.exe and ZoneNT.exe files and then overwriting them in the binary folder with the new compiled ones?

strychn
05-03-2002, 02:03 PM
if you use vc 6...
goto projecyt/settings click the link tab, pull down category to input.
under ignore libraries put: LIBCMT
i got this first time i ever downloaded the source.

strychn
05-03-2002, 02:05 PM
You know when you compile and run at the same time in MSVC6? Anyway, I only copied over the db.ini file from the downloaded binary files. Plus, after I compile, C does not make a world.exe (is it supposed to), only a zonent.exe

if you right click in the explorer window on the left build all you should get all the projects built in the workspace(world.exe + zone??.exe).
and when you run them(from the build dir), you will probably need your loginserver.ini too.

devn00b
05-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Thanks Stry

strychn
05-03-2002, 05:23 PM
:)
np

TheDreamX
05-04-2002, 06:20 AM
Arggg. Someone really needs to write a readme for the code or something. Finally got zonent.exe compiled, but now when I go to compile world.exe, I get the following errors...

--------------------Configuration: World - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
client.cpp
C:\My Stuff\Projects\Visual C++\eqemu-0.3.1.1-source\World\client.cpp(499) : error C2601: 'EnterWorld' : local function definitions are illegal
C:\My Stuff\Projects\Visual C++\eqemu-0.3.1.1-source\World\client.cpp(499) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
Error executing cl.exe.
Creating browse info file...
BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '\My Stuff\Projects\Visual C++\eqemu-0.3.1.1-source\Build\World\client.sbr': No such file or directory
Error executing bscmake.exe.

World.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

BTW, I haven't even started to change code yet, so all these errors I've been fixing have been from the orignal download. How did anyone else compile these w/o problems? hehe

devn00b
05-04-2002, 07:27 AM
Compiled perfect for me (zone.exe) world was only that one error listed above and the fix worked perfect.

strychn
05-04-2002, 12:56 PM
myself, i rarely use vc++, so i just fudged it when i got errors.
just played with settings and such till it worked :p
hehe