PDA

View Full Version : script npc teleporting ..bugged?

sgaske24
09-07-2004, 06:11 AM
Greetings all,

I have searched high and low and cannot find anything on this other than examples of the useage of quest::movepc(id,x,y,z) and am getting a bit frustrated. The issue I am having is that the npc's I use to teleport a player always teleport the player under the world in any given zone. I've tried every combination of loc's I can think of and zones as well.

My NPC is located in the nexus and is supposed to teleport the player to the starting location of the zone guka, here is the code:

if($text=~/ready/i && $ulevel>=65){quest::say("Okay, off you go then. I do hope you are able to recover my stone.");
quest::movepc(229,x,y,z);}

I didn't include the loc because it does not matter what I make the xyz coordinates, it always ports the player under the world in the target zone. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Helpful replies appreciated.

Zenrix the Almighty
ServerOP, Chronicles of Norrath
Eqemu 5.8 (with qsts)

Cisyouc
09-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Make a self port spell and use selfcast(); ?

ajb20
09-08-2004, 08:25 PM
You have to check your zone in point in the zone table. Make sure the safex, safey, safez do not put the player in a weird spot. I had to play with some zones, it seems sometimes it likes the #loc order of x and y and sometimes it likes the /loc of x and y, just switch em around and keep trying til it puts the player where you want :)

molimo140
09-09-2004, 01:07 AM
Yeah, also dont get /loc and #loc confused. /loc lists your coordinates Y, X, Z. #loc lists your coordinates X, Y, Z. Strange though as if i you do a /loc and #loc from the same places, the numbers dont exactly match up. Anyway, make sure using #loc if you want to get the coords to zone to.

sgaske24
09-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Ahh, okay, I'll try that out. I don't remember which loc I actually used :roll:

Thanks for the tips guys! :)

Zenrix the Almighty
ServerOP, Chronicles of Norrath
Eqemu 5.8 (with qsts)