PDA

View Full Version : New perl function.

Malignus Wingnut
09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Well i read over Cofruben's post about adding perl functions and my brain is giving off sparks ^^. I want to add a new function similar to quest::flagpc, only instead of it setting a flag variable, it would actually flag the user's account, but only for that one character.

I had the idea for this when looking over the zones table and noticed the column called minimum_status, which im sure relates to the user's account status. I want to be able to use a quest script to flag a user's account, however only for that character, to prohibit/allow the user from entering certain zones. This ties in with my planar progression based server, as I cannot think of a better way to prohibit/allow access to the raid zones. I had first tried moving the zone safe coords and putting an npc to port you to the real safe coords of the zone depending on a global variable, but that was too much work.

If anyone can please write a new function...it would be greatly appreciated.

x-scythe
09-14-2004, 03:16 PM
this already exists
quest::delglobal
quest::setglobal
quest::targlobal

refer to this for more info:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12773

Cisyouc
09-14-2004, 03:36 PM
this already exists
quest::delglobal
quest::setglobal
quest::targlobal

refer to this for more info:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12773I think you misunderstood x-scythe. Yeah that writes a variable but you cannot too easily work that variable into restricting zone access without cutting off zonelines and having an NPC control your access (which is too sony'ish-wayfarers-brotherhood'ish for me).

I began working on quest::qflag(); which would do that but I got lost in client_processes and was never able to finish it.

I believe killspree said he was going to release a command like this if he needs it for his server, but until then, probably a no-go youll just have to wait =D

x-scythe
09-14-2004, 03:37 PM
oh my bad....re-read it and yes...i did misread :P thanks cis