PDA

View Full Version : Try to pass username/pass and get - Timed Out - ? why?

keephopealive
09-19-2004, 07:23 AM
just like i said, i cant pass the login screen, it gives me timed out when i enter my account info.. any idea? i mean i got the host.txt right i think.. Im using the older host.txt file but it seems to be the same as the new one i guess... any ideas? :evil:

Charlie_Perkins
09-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Same thing for me. Tried different login servers, same response.

samandhi
09-19-2004, 09:18 AM
You either have your eqhost.txt wrong, in which case visit THIS (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17307) thread.
You are patched up to live, and there are no servers yet that have patched fixed so it is a version error essentially.

Baracle_Bill
09-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I had the same problem - I hadnt patched and my eqhost was fine. I figured out that what you have to do, is make your EQHOST.txt file Read Only. When you try to log on, everquest edits your file and therefore, the timeout error - I think. Hey it worked for me so try it.

greg_boz
09-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Ok this is getting old fast. I've spent 2 hours trying to connect. I've scoured every suggestion in the forums but none of them are working!

Can someone *please* post a general solution to this problem?

If you check www.eqemulator.net you'll see that there are about 20 people who managed to login, the rest of us are all stuck at the login! :evil:

If you know how to fix this *please* *please* give us some _clear_ and elaborate instructions about how to:

1) Correctly modify our eqhost information

2) Successfully connect to the login server.

3) Have our username/password be accepted.

-Greg

straydog
10-18-2004, 11:39 AM
How do i make it Read only??