PDA

View Full Version : Empire , a custom-legit pvp races-war server (0.6.0dr2)

Magoth78
09-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Hello,

I've just launched my first -hand made- server. It's a pvp server (custom-legit) based on an active story. The story already began but you, the community, will can change it.

The actual status of the story is Act 2, The Direlands Fire Mountains. You will can find any info on this by Hailing the Npcs in the starting zone.

The actual level limit is 50, there are no mega-uber items, the leveling is ok and there are only 8 zones at the moment.

You will find more infos on the forum www.empire.dafun.com.

Have fun,
Magoth

Magoth78
09-23-2004, 06:19 AM
09-23-2004 update:

-- I've removed the EQ classic race/class combination so you can now start as a frog, vah shir, iksar and the cberserker, beastlord class are now open.
-- The low caster robe and the low melee bp will drop more often.
-- You will now gain a 1hs sword by Hailing the welcomer Npcs being a rogue, a warrior, a bard or a ranger.
-- The mobs in Southkarana are now non-permarooted.

Know bugs:

-- If you zone from Rivervale to the Direlands Plains (SouthKarana), there have some chance that you don't zone at the right place and fall for a lot of damage. But you should not die. Just hail the npc named 'a spy' near the place where you will be and he will heal you then send you to the right spot. // it's the first time I see this bug, it happens only if you zone from Rivervale to Sk.
-- Your character has a chance of crashing if you zone... a very little chance but still annoying. I'm gonna try to fix that asap though I have no idea of what could cause this..

Have fun!
Mag

Magoth78
09-24-2004, 09:32 AM
09-24-2004 updates:

-- the server is now 0.5.9dr1. That fixed a ton of bugs we had like guilds, some odd zoning issues, etc..

but maybe added more... things just do seem to be right now.

Don't forget to check my forum if you want to play because if you want to start a Goodie (human-elf) you will need my files...
http://p206.ezboard.com/bemuempire46345

Have fun,
Magoth

Magoth78
10-01-2004, 05:52 AM
As the server has been up for a week without any downtime (beside the patches) and getting a little community I had to do some changes and make a website with a new forum, so here it is :

New website / forum opens:

http://cucus.no-ip.com/nuke/html/index.php

-- New monsters added to the Direlands Lair.
-- Some nerfs have been made (check website)
-- Epics v1 added // they re not working yet as itemcount has not been fixed on the latest cvs sources. It might be fixed soon as it seems that FNM has made the changes to get itemcount working.. we just have to wait for the changes to be uploaded to cvs..
-- Due the number of the GM apps requests, I've posted the rules (check the main page)
-- Magelo's like feature added to the site so we can know what kind of stuffs do have the peeps who own us in PvP :evil: . (thx govtcheeze for that)

Have fun,
Mag

govtcheeze
10-01-2004, 07:41 AM
I didn't know anyone actually used the magelo :) I wrote this simple script awhile ago to help people find chars in the DB. Its been tested somewhat...let me know if you decide to use it and find any problems.

http://home.gravyisgood.com/charSelect.rar

edit: be sure to add your connection DB string in place of:

include "../db/dbEqemu.php"; mysql_select_db("eqemu") or die(mysql_error());

Nekon342
10-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Just wanted to make a post to commend you on doing an awesome job with the server. This has been more entertaining than EQ ever has been for me in the past year. (Dropped my accounts recently because of it.) I love everything about the server so far and what you've done and can't wait until act 2 is ready!!!

Props! :D

P.S: More people should try this server out!

Magoth78
10-07-2004, 05:42 AM
Hello,

Gov> I did not get ur file to work. Mysql access issues but i'll look to make it work, musta rock :P

For thoses who are playing on my server, Act2 is planned for tomorrow 08/10/04 in the evening (europe time gmt +1)

You can check the website in my signature.

Have fun,
Magoth

govtcheeze
10-07-2004, 05:48 AM
What was the problem you had? Error message? Blank screen?

You need to replace the line quoted above with something like the following:

$userid = "YOUR SQL USERNAME";
$password = "YOUR SQL PASSWORD";
$dbname = "YOUR DATABASE NAME";
$domain = "localhost";

mysql_connect("$domain","$userid","$password");
mysql_select_db("$dbname") or die(mysql_error());

Deimos
10-07-2004, 09:58 AM
This is truly one of the best servers I have ever been on. It ties with the #1 server I have ever been on. This server should be on legends.

I suggest that everyone should try this server out =D. It is that type of server where every act just gets better and better.

This server has things that no other server has ever had before and it will hopefully continue to have new things that no server has had.

Everyone should try this server atleast once.

Magoth78
10-08-2004, 06:13 AM
thank you Deimos.

We had an important database crash yesterday in the evening and the server has been down for 24hours due the DB being corrupted. All was gone, website/server. A chance, I've made a backup of the server's database just before this crash.

the server is now up again, but with the 0.5.9dr1 binaries wich is pretty stable but the itemcount() is not working.

all of you who were registered to the site will have to register again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Act2 is ready and was planned for today but as I've lost my 29september 9dr1 sources, I can't change the level limit so you will have to wait a bit.

Have fun,
Magoth

Magoth78
10-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Gov> Worked perfectly, thanks it's a helpfull script :)

I

Magoth78
10-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Today's update:

-- ACT II open !
-- The server is now 0.5.9dr2 with our previous bugs fixed (thanks to the dev)
-- Epics v1 has been upgraded (now, you can only use YOUR epic weapon and not the others ones)

Have fun,
Magoth

Deimos
10-11-2004, 09:45 AM
As you all by now know, I never really did leave the server. I told Magoth and Spartah this in IRC after I posted in forums. Well, I told them as soon as I could anyways. People are starting to find out I am still on though because I seem to talk in my own little way. Well, the secret got spilled. I have been working on the guild system still, and have been playing on the server alot. I did delete all my chars, so you will not be able to find out who I am unless you pay close attention. I think I gave it away to some people, by saying like, what level are you now...
Well, the secret got spilled

Oh shit they are coming for me. Listen everyone, this may be my last message. If I don't make it out of this alive, tell Tzwizard I love him.

*sound of gun cocking*

They'll get my guild system over my dead body.

sotonin
10-11-2004, 09:54 AM

No offense, but why does anybody care? .... You act like you're the president or something, or a covert op. .. It's a eqemu server.. are you hiding from people ? hmmm this is one of the strangest replies i've seen to a server's announcement page ever.

I'm genuinely curious what's going on here. :shock:

Adh87
10-15-2004, 03:22 AM
good server. top list, xp with friends, PK people, its awesome. 3 cheers for mag

lordnoob
10-15-2004, 04:44 AM
Very fun server, a few bugs. Needs more staff! Magoth is awesome though.

Everybody should join so I can pwn their azz.

:lol:

Magoth78
10-16-2004, 02:09 AM
16-10-04 Updates:

(System)
-- Server version is now 0.6.0DR1.
-- Fixed a large numbers of annoying bugs we had (many thx to the devs and WR)
-- The server has now 1gig ram.

(Content)
-- The level cap is now 51 so people will can work on their AA's and not getting bored at 50. // all the chars have been moved to Freportw, be sure you 'Hail' your race representant.
-- The Trials spawned mobs have been revamped in the Secret Temple.
-- Epics v2 will be added pretty soon. (Really longer and harder than v1)
-- Pets revamped and customised.

(Bugs)
-- We still need to do some melee/items bugs tests but there are some good chance than 6.0dr1 has fixed them.

Have fun,
Magoth

Teamstoge
10-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey Mag,

Its Paully from the server I recently ran into a problem, I get to the server to log my char in hit enter world but my screen goes black and boots me back to the server screen. I never had this happen before, any suggestion. (Search Sux btw cant find anything over these very very spread out threads =P). Thanks

lordnoob
10-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Hey Mag,

Its Paully from the server I recently ran into a problem, I get to the server to log my char in hit enter world but my screen goes black and boots me back to the server screen. I never had this happen before, any suggestion. (Search Sux btw cant find anything over these very very spread out threads =P). Thanks

Did you patch to live?

Teamstoge
10-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Yes I did. I was playing on 0.5.9 DR2 then patch to Live, and then it should work? I really don't get it. Yes I am a newbie when I comes to setting it up.

Adh87
10-18-2004, 01:50 AM
Everybody should join so I can pwn their azz.

Mommy can I use the restroom?

relorm500
10-19-2004, 01:34 AM
HIP HIP HURAY!
HIP HIP HURAY!
HIP HIP HURAY!

Z.Wylde
10-19-2004, 04:12 AM
this is a really fun server, bring on the pvp!

Magoth78
10-20-2004, 03:15 AM
20-10-04 Updates:

-- Lay Hands / Harm Touch , Multi rez's , Symbols , Lore items loots / corpses , Mana regen/pool fixed. (thx Devs)
-- Epics v2 added ! (v2 live models)
-- The ranger's epics are only Bows, now.

Have fun,
Magoth

BarladoreVZ
10-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Very fun server, i suggest you all try it especially if you want to pvp.... Mag is a great guy and works hard, well done.

dzags
10-30-2004, 04:36 AM
Anyone know whats happened to the server? IRC is down, website is down, server is down... ack. :(

-Fizz/Peck-

IATwistedFourty
10-30-2004, 05:36 AM
was wonderin same thing = (

Magoth78
10-30-2004, 05:52 AM
The free provider that's hosting the site and the server has closed my account because of the upload generated the last 3 weeks.

Now, I gotta find an other host (serverbeach seems to be fine but $$) but I gotta get all my backups...

Server is down, website is down, no eta... yeah that sucks.

Mag

IATwistedFourty
10-30-2004, 06:05 AM
thanks for reply Mag hope u can find a new host for the server :)

Magoth78
10-31-2004, 12:03 AM
server is up again, on the old host still. I need to find an other one very quickly.

Magoth78
11-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Hello,

The server is down again, and this time for good. Atleast, untill I find a new host.

When it will be back a lot of things will be changed / upgraded.

-- first, there will be a character wipe. I'm sorry for the players who have played a lot on the server but the server will be wiped as a lot of things will be changed in order to make the server more interesting PvP wise. I agree with you, wipe sucks but a lot of players left the server recently... a lot of exploits have been used by the players wich permitted them to get to 51 quickly and to get the powerfull items easily.

-- second, it will not be up untill I can setup a pvp-reward (see: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18104 )

-- I've had a lot of ideas/suggestions through the /petitions and /tells that were very interesting to exploit.

Finally, i'm sorry for the server downtime and the future wipe but I don't have the choice.

have fun,
Magoth

Woodlife Treestrider
11-05-2004, 05:25 AM
damnit... all that time wasted, all those AAs wasted. All last night trying to get epic 2... wasted. Well, gonna be hard getting back up, but I guess I have no choice :(

dzags
11-05-2004, 06:24 AM
Damnit :( So no chance you can save our characters?

Woodlife Treestrider
11-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Yea, if there is anyway you can keep the players... or at least the ones that are level 51? We have worked really hard for these, and the least you can do is keep our chars... please keep them :*(

Magika
11-05-2004, 12:24 PM
well my highest character was only 46.. but i think all the people who had a 51 should get some sort of bonus when the server comes back up /shrug

Woodlife Treestrider
11-06-2004, 05:40 AM
Yea, I like Magikas idea...

Magoth78
11-07-2004, 01:57 AM
EDITED: EMPIRE is up again! 0.6.0dr2.

It's actually on a temporary host wich is not as fast as the old host used to be. SO you may experience some lags (maybe).

Mag

mysticalninjajesus
11-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Yea, if there is anyway you can keep the players... or at least the ones that are level 51? We have worked really hard for these, and the least you can do is keep our chars... please keep them :*(

oh come on lol.. you signed up on october 15th.. which means the most you could of played was 26 days.. if you were playing a eqlive pvp server you would be like lvl 30 IF you knew the fatxp zones and grinded the whole time.

Adh87
11-12-2004, 03:17 AM
oh come on lol.. you signed up on october 15th.. which means the most you could of played was 26 days.. if you were playing a eqlive pvp server you would be like lvl 30 IF you knew the fatxp zones and grinded the whole time.

Barb BST on Rallos Zek = 54. Started him October 29th. Its how you play, if you leave people alone and go to the oldschool fun zones, you ding way more.

mysticalninjajesus
11-12-2004, 07:06 AM
will you /played your bst for me plz? and are you saying you solo'd your beastlord in the old world zones to 54 in 14 days? wtf are u smoking dude

and on rallos zek twinks would be pking u the whole time too

screenshot plz

commogod
11-14-2004, 06:10 AM
webpage down, server down. overloaded? cut off? char wipe? /shudder

what's goin on?

Magoth78
11-14-2004, 08:10 AM
It's up again.

Muuss
11-15-2004, 05:03 AM
Mag, if you wanna remove the EQbrowser errors from your website, re-create the tables you deleted, like tradeskill_recipes for example. let them empty, they won't interfer with your zone/server and will fix the errors messages from eqbrower.

Magoth78
11-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Ok Muuss, thx for the tip :)

cyberstormx
11-17-2004, 04:35 PM
hey mag, any update on getting the server up on the new host ? just curious..

commogod
11-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Same question I had :D

Adh87
11-18-2004, 02:31 AM
Mag is currently switching a host I believe, and he is working on another update soon with new goodies for us players. Not sure if there is an ETA, but I don't think much longer...not sure though. I'm going to start working with Augments over Thanksgiving break I think, maybe if I can get them to work, Mag can throw them on server.

commogod
11-24-2004, 02:22 AM
BUMP

Sever and website still down. Any news? Is Empire gone for good?

CG

Z.Wylde
11-27-2004, 08:34 PM
my guess is yes, its most likely gone for good.

even if it comes back, this really hurts mag's server. People loose interest, and WoW and Eq2 are out...

anyway, i gave up long ago after the wipe...... cause it was just so motivating!

Magoth78
12-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry for not giving news recently but I did not have a computer and an Internet connection cause I was in a 1-month mountain qualification.

For EMPIRE, I don't have the time to work on it anymore. And due to the lot of mails I've received, I've uploaded the EMPIRE files. So you can download the database (with all the characters) and all the quests here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/emuempire/empirestuff.rar (~2mB).

Later guys and enjoy,
Mag

ps1: if you want the website, I can also upload it with the features.
ps2: I'll be glad to join a future EMPIRE type server once I'll get my comp and connection again!

Adh87
12-06-2004, 03:36 AM
mag i love you

Lloyd112
08-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey Magoth:
I need u to reset the zone of crushbone so i can loot my corpse, i died of pain and suffering and i logged in and out and i still couldnt see it Thanks and awesome job on the server. :-(

Lloyd112
08-29-2005, 01:36 AM
I died in crushbone i need someone to help me i can see my corpse i havent had it for like 3 days :sad: :sad: :sad:

Magoth78
08-29-2005, 06:28 AM
Fixed.

Go to the EMPIRE's website if you have any question. (see my sig)

Mag

Chronotekazn
09-05-2005, 07:59 AM
hm.. your website doesnt work i dont think.... Mind posting the link up again? maybe i looked at the wrong one.. also how exactly do we sign up fo the server? :D instructions for dummies would be helpful :D
i didnt c u on the list