PDA

View Full Version : wheres the non-legit servers?

saction
09-27-2004, 10:08 AM
hey i just started playing emulator and i noticed that all the servers that are up are legit, so you cant summon items or be whatever level you want or anything and why is that? and also i noticed whatever server i go on. there is barely anyone else on it

animepimp
09-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah, nonlegit servers suck to run because some people always want more commands than the owner allows and pesters them constanly including the right to spawn and delete the world and shut down the server and everything. Try Scorpious2k if you have the right patch, we always have 35+ people on and more at peak times. The ones current with the live patch are very much test servers and only a few people that have no choice play on them because the long running developed servers haven't switched over yet, although there are plans to do so soon i believe.

Boeaz
10-18-2004, 10:34 PM
I was wondering about non-legit as well. We are a family who play from Australia. I'm always a little concerned about the kids spending a lot of time developing characters and one day the server is gone. The non-legit allows a little more flexability. But, at the end of the day, you guys are doing a great job and we're happy either way :)

sdabbs65
10-19-2004, 12:25 AM
I was wondering about non-legit as well. We are a family who play from Australia. I'm always a little concerned about the kids spending a lot of time developing characters and one day the server is gone. The non-legit allows a little more flexability. But, at the end of the day, you guys are doing a great job and we're happy either way :)

There are non legit servers.. we do not let you shut down or spawn but most other commands work.

Boeaz
10-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I should have been more specific. I haven't seen any non-legit servers using 0.5.9-DR2. Perhaps it's time to update my client because I'm just looking now and there seems to be many more servers using 0.6.0-DR1 including non-legit.

It is still fairly early in the evening here, I might just wait to see if these servers stay up during our normal play time.