View Full Version : Morrowind at a store near you

Trumpcard
05-02-2002, 03:03 AM
Woohoo! Morrowind in stores now!

Im pumped!

Drawde
05-02-2002, 04:23 AM
Unless you live in the UK like me :(
In which case it's out on the 31st (unless it's delayed here, which often happens).
I'm probably going to order it from the US online, it's probably worth spending an extra

Trumpcard
05-02-2002, 05:59 AM
I just picked mine up during lunch.. I have a feeling that sleep won't be on my todo list for this evening!

Baron Sprite
05-02-2002, 08:34 AM
I command thee to review it for me trump, stry's little review of dungeon siege made me get a game I was going to overlook, and it's really fun :D

Trumpcard
05-02-2002, 04:06 PM
Ok ,here are my impressions so far..

Awesome game engine, 1st person, not 3rd as the majority that have come out lately have been... interface nice, easy to use, has a few annoying features (like popping out of merchant mode when you buy something, so you have to go back in to sell/buy again..) Landscape is very cool, seems like there will be alot of places to explore (just wandering around the coutryside I found 3 random dungeons, and a couple of odd structures around... very nice topography on the land scape, not flat, lots of hills, mountains, streams, etc.. Admittedly I havent gotten that far into it, but so far its great..

Character creation allows you to create custom classes, or pick predefined ones (and there are a ton of predefined ones). Created a nice mix of a battlemage/rogue class. Havent gotten to deep into the story line yet, so dont know if it's worth a damn yet.. Havent had the chance to test out the more stealthy skills yet (pickpocket/sneak).. Combat seems fairly simple, 3 types of attacks with melee weapons, though I havent exactly worked out how to switch between them yet.

Ive got a AMD 1.4Ghz 512 meg ram with an ATI Radeon 7200 64meg card, and I almost feel like I need to upgrade the card on it.. Runs fairly smoothly, but I keep getting the impression it could run smoother.. Gamespeed seems a bit slow.. Walking and running are kinda slow, and mana regen. seems almost non existant (I hate having to rest to recover mana)

Overall, I give it a big thumbs up so far!

Baron Sprite
05-02-2002, 04:38 PM
Cool thanks, think I'm gonna wait for the demo though :D

Vipermmx
05-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Dont expect a demo. not getting this game is the most foolish thing one can do if into RPG. I have played 10 hours and counting so my impression are more set. Next post is it.

BWT running this game on a:

1.2ghz
512ddr
Geforce 4 4600

Max Draw dustance
1027x768
Max Ai distance
Max Shadows

No slowdowns at all.

Vipermmx
05-03-2002, 05:04 PM
My impressions in my topic.

ednecro
07-09-2002, 11:13 AM
I bought morrowind, and Dungeon Siege
and Never winter nights. I suppose they all have there place with other gamers, but as far as Im concerned they can all go in the trash, within a week I was back playing with eqemu. I hate to think that when EQ2 comes out that I will cave and go back to Sony's little crack den, but the screenshots are soooo dam beautiful, take a look as if you havent already:
http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=59&object_id=481244&ad tag=network=ign&site=pchubtype%3Dpartnerviewer%26p agetype%3Darticle&page_title=EverQuest%202)http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=59&object_id=481244&ad tag=network=ign&site=pchubtype%3Dpartnerviewer%26p agetype%3Darticle&page_title=EverQuest%202

stormgod
07-09-2002, 11:55 AM
for overalll speed trumpcard its affected by what you are wearing like in EQ but your atheltics skill is going up and affect it badly ( when athletics are at 60 you really begin to run a lot faster )

same impression for graphics but on an AMD 1Ghtz and a radeon 7200 32megs with 512 ram too
so I supoose its just an impression

bad point is its not supporting LAN , it would be the best game ever if it were supporting LAN...

Ariak
07-09-2002, 02:04 PM
P1.5 gHz.
1 GIG of Ram.

The thing is slow!!

stormgod
07-09-2002, 02:41 PM
its not slow it seems to be slow , fps is actually of an average 45 for me
its just the running speed who seems to be really slow at the beginning , but hey you're not an endurant man when you come to the world, its increasing with time . try to run with a naked man specialized in athletics from first discipline et really strong you'll see the difference

Trumpcard
07-10-2002, 12:07 AM
It runs alot better now that I upgraded a few componets in my computer. And getting over the running speed is no problem, just download the 'winged boots' mod. I havent looked at the mod's lately, but I bet theres some neat new stuff available. Also, the no cd patch helped alot with the game speed. I still think it's an amazing game overall. I havent tried Bethsoft's patch yet, so have no idea if it addresses any performance issues, barely been touching my computer in the last couple of weeks. (Got on a NWN jag, now Im swamped with other things)

Ariak
07-10-2002, 06:49 AM
I found out that my mega uber computer has a 32 MEG CARD!!!
ACK!! LOL.