PDA

View Full Version : can't think of title

joecow
05-02-2002, 04:32 AM
looking for lists of which zones have spawns in which dbs, I've seen screenshots of popped Sleeper's and VP, but the ones I have gone to are empty...

Lurker_005
05-02-2002, 05:37 AM
For VP, sleepers and ToV use either Ariak's or mine. I know Drawde's does not have it, and I am not sure what is in any other DB's out there.

joecow
05-02-2002, 06:20 AM
ok, changed over to Ariak's db, but now I get 1017 errors, do I need to change any settings beyond telling db.ini which db to read from? (did the whole source db9.sql for my new eq db)

(edit) watching world.exe window, shows "Wrong name/pass: name='eqemu'

Trumpcard
05-02-2002, 06:30 AM
His database probably doesnt include the eqemu/eqemu local id/password.

Take a look at the original db.sql that came with the emulator, look at the db.sql file, find the account table, and go into mysql and copy the insert line in from the db.sql... insert into accounts (xxxxxx);

joecow
05-02-2002, 06:59 AM
*deer in headlights*

am I looking at the db.sql file through WinMySQLAdmin?

not sure what I am supposed to see there, or what I am going to use in place of xxxxx, or even how to insert it

I really don't want to be a nuisance about this, I just know nothing about SQL, and it was a big enough operation to finally get myself up and running with eqemu...

Trumpcard
05-02-2002, 07:06 AM
Nope... Its a text file.. Open it with wordpad or something...

The 1st or 2nd table should be accounts.. Look at where it starts the inserts.. find the one with eqemu in it..

go to a dos prompt.. type c:/mysql/bin/mysql

then use eq;
then that insert line you find in the db.sql file.. it will insert eqemu into your database..

joecow
05-02-2002, 07:14 AM
no inserts under accounts, also did a search for eqemu, couldn't find that either

also found this thread:

http://forums.eqemu.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1361

where he states this db will not work with the latest version, so I guess I'm out of luck until a compatible one is available

Lurker_005
05-02-2002, 07:24 AM
Ariak's DB9.sql works with the current emu. That thread was talking about a previous DB release.

Open the db.sql that came with eqemu 3.1+ and search for the line with eqemu in it. Note where it is in the file, and copy and paste it into db9.sql Then resource db9.sql into your database.

joecow
05-02-2002, 08:50 AM
got it working =) thanks for the help guys