PDA

View Full Version : Playing on PEQ server?

Groans
10-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Alrighty, I recently have been tooling around EQemu recently, and have been hearing wonders about PEQ server. I would really enjoy playing on this server, however, I cannot seem to go any farther then the create a character screen.

I think part of my problem might be that I have 5.9 dr2. That being the case, do I change the eqhost, or do I use a patch to backdate? I went to the PEQ website and downloaded all the maps and what not already, so I am covered in that area. If I do require a ...*drops his voice to a low whisper* a patch.... someone tell me. I don't need to know the patch, as I know the rules and won't ask for one. I do however ask that if I need one, to let me know so I can do the search myself.

Thank you ahead of time.

sotonin
10-09-2004, 02:28 PM
We are not live compatible. Sorry.

We are compatible with one patch prior to live. the general 5.8 / 5.9 patch.

maveren
10-10-2004, 08:48 PM
if you download the barebones.sql from the database page on this site and source that to the good old peq_classic you should be good to go!

sotonin
10-11-2004, 01:04 AM
uhm no. He said he wants to play on PEQ server. as in.. our test server.... Sourcing a sql database on his end will do nothing...

maveren
10-12-2004, 09:04 PM
sourcing barebones.sql over peq_classic_058.sql lets you loginto zones, but mobs nolonger spawn from the peq's population. And just using pegs on my computer makes eq client freeze.

sotonin
10-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Sourcing barebones over PEQ database ERASES everything that was in it. Therefore is pointless. You could just source barebones without PEQ and get the same result. But again this guy was talking about "our" test server. Not the database so quit posting database issues here.

maveren
10-13-2004, 04:52 PM
i would have had him playzor on my peq server while i test some of my perl skills. thats why i say things.
sorry :oops: