PDA

View Full Version : EQ2 or WoW?

Rogean
10-10-2004, 07:29 AM
Ya, I know this kind of post is ALL over the place, but I want to see what the majority of EQEmu players say. Theres no poll, because I want people to say more than just 'WoW' or 'EQ2'. I want to see some reasons.

I have played both of them, I was in the Stress test for WoW, and I'm in EQ2 Beta right now. WoW I got up to a level 8 Night Elf Rogue. EQ2 I am currently a level 12 Wood Elf Rogue (And climbing).

I would have to say that so far, I enjoy EQ2 More. Not only do the graphics really put a feel into the game, but the gameplay is pretty good. Also, How could I fail to mention.. QUESTS? Quests all over the place, tons of them to do, Solo and group. EQ2 Doesn't just throw you in and say 'kill stuff, get levels jya'. It has a bunch of quests you can do and just doing them you can get up to level 6-10 easily.

Also, as a side note if anyone feels like making another comment on this, I noticed that WoW and EQ2 have similar 'gameplay' engines. Not visuals, But I mean like the backend, You just notice many things are similar. This makes me curious as to if they really are using the same engine and if so who made it, etc.

Cisyouc
10-10-2004, 09:21 AM
After EQLive's recent nerfs to the Enchanter class, my main, I will be canceling my account and never purchasing anything related to Sony Online ever again.

wize_one
10-10-2004, 04:55 PM
dont think i'll be going to eq2.. to many issues so far.. only giving beta about a week more to fix the probs b4 giving up.

jimbox114
10-12-2004, 04:55 AM
After EQLive's recent nerfs to the Enchanter class, my main, I will be canceling my account and never purchasing anything related to Sony Online ever again.

Just curious what did they nerf on the enchanters?

I will never play another SOE game myself cause of the way they treat there customers on EQ. Also I have seen the absolute BS they require players to do just to be able to use zones they paid for (I never did see half of the POP due to that flagging quest). I won't even go into GOD, think I used 2 zones with taht expansion.

Unless you can get into *Insert top 5 guilds on your server* You bascially can't enjoy the better half of the game. And even if you are in one of these guilds you gotta devote your life and soul to the game and spend 5+ hours raiding stuff and HOPE you win. I have alot more respect for Blizzard then I do for SOE, so I would consider WOW.

Edgar1898
10-12-2004, 05:17 AM
I have alot more respect for Blizzard then I do for SOE, so I would consider WOW.

I did too, until they showed their real colors by sueing a battlenet emulator....

sotonin
10-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Both companies are on my shitlist. SOE after the crapfest game SWG and Blizzard after them suing the emulator group. Sorry. i've boycotted both.

jimbox114
10-12-2004, 05:49 AM
I have alot more respect for Blizzard then I do for SOE, so I would consider WOW.

I did too, until they showed their real colors by sueing a battlenet emulator....

I hadn't heard about that.

Ok I hate them both now then.

eq_addict_08
10-12-2004, 06:10 AM
I will be playing EQemu

Cisyouc
10-12-2004, 07:52 AM

Just curious what did they nerf on the enchanters? Enchanters got a useless effect on Epic 1.5
New Enchanter Charm Spells do NOT work in any zones outside of OoW.
Many zones with mobs that JUST meet level 64 for CoD charming (PoP spell), in ALL expansions, are flagged immune.
When charming in OoW, regardless of a spell, the DPS on the pet will instantly degrade 40-70% depending on the mob.
CC is been eliminated as there are no more adds in Omens and everything can be singled.
Sony has been giving false ratios of the nerf so all the other classes agree with them, making us look bad. They are saying with haste and pet toys it will hit for the same as an unhasted mob, and when it breaks it will be like 'just another add'. WRONG. When the charm breaks the pet's dps goes back to normal, IN ADDITION to the haste and pet toys it has. They fail to mention this when explaining the nerf, and thusly, shows even more disregard for the class.
We have the only epic 1.5 to have 1 augment slot, not two. (This will be changed in next patch, but its ironic)
Aggro on Pacification Resists have been DRASTICALLY lowered.
Mezzes are less reliable than lets say a bard or ranger pulling.....Last time I checked we were supposed to be masters of CC, eh?
Every other slowing class has gotten a slow upgrade. We still use our Kunark slow.
Mobs hit way too fast and too hard for Ethereal Rune, the rune upgrade, to make any difference than Arcane Rune.
I'm sure theres more, those are the ones just off of the top of my head.

jimbox114
10-13-2004, 06:49 AM

Just curious what did they nerf on the enchanters? Enchanters got a useless effect on Epic 1.5
Many zones with mobs that JUST meet level 64 for CoD charming (PoP spell), in ALL expansions, are flagged immune.
When charming in OoW, regardless of a spell, the DPS on the pet will instantly degrade 40-70% depending on the mob.
CC is been eliminated as there are no more adds in Omens and everything can be singled.
Sony has been giving false ratios of the nerf so all the other classes agree with them, making us look bad. They are saying with haste and pet toys it will hit for the same as an unhasted mob, and when it breaks it will be like 'just another add'. WRONG. When the charm breaks the pet's dps goes back to normal, IN ADDITION to the haste and pet toys it has. They fail to mention this when explaining the nerf, and thusly, shows even more disregard for the class.
We have the only epic 1.5 to have 1 augment slot, not two. (This will be changed in next patch, but its ironic)
Mezzes are less reliable than lets say a bard or ranger pulling.....Last time I checked we were supposed to be masters of CC, eh?
Every other slowing class has gotten a slow upgrade. We still use our Kunark slow.
Mobs hit way too fast and too hard for Ethereal Rune, the rune upgrade, to make any difference than Arcane Rune.

Sounds like alot of BS. I played a enchanter, but only to level 54 so alot of that stuff I don't know much about. I know I always hated being the person to have to pacify mobs in newer zones cause it would resist more often then enough and about instantly kill me.

Cisyouc
10-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Sounds like alot of BS. I played a enchanter, but only to level 54 so alot of that stuff I don't know much about. I know I always hated being the person to have to pacify mobs in newer zones cause it would resist more often then enough and about instantly kill me.Problem is pacification resists have been lowered for all classes. Because of this, our CC job is eliminated. As well as our charm, has been essentially eliminated. Our nukes, never really good. Advanced DC was revoked in beta because they didnt want to give us a DC that was == to the regular charm dps we would be getting in the nerf. So we have been hammered down into lifeless buffbots.

Rogean
10-13-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm still wondering why EQ2 and WoW have such similarities. If I still had access to a WoW account I would take screenshots, etc.

RangerDown
10-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Cuz they're both watching each other and they both have moles, er testers, in both betas. And -- can't speak for Blizzard but -- I'm unsure whether the current SOE crew has a creative bone in their collective bodies. So they got no choice but to copy.

sotonin
10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Correct. WoW has been in beta much MUCH longer than EQ2. =)

but both games stole features from every other game out since. so not like it matters. both suck

x-scythe
10-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Correct. WoW has been in beta much MUCH longer than wow. =)

did you mean Wow has been in beta longer than eq2? :D

sotonin
10-13-2004, 04:29 PM
oops. ya. im a tard..

lmfaolmfao

ryder911
10-14-2004, 07:50 AM
Im waiting for DnL fuck blizzard and fuck SoE

mysticalninjajesus
10-21-2004, 01:31 AM
cisyouc, its your own fault for thinking eq1 is going anywhere. its not the same development team that made evrquest.. there the team that ruined it.. why would you buy anything else from them.. theyve already proven there idiots years ago.

Shadow-Wolf
10-21-2004, 02:45 AM
How can you call them idiots when you say there instead of they're.

sotonin
10-21-2004, 03:59 AM
somebody shoot the elephant put him out of his misery ^^

:P

Cisyouc
10-21-2004, 06:46 AM
cisyouc, its your own fault for thinking eq1 is going anywhere. its not the same development team that made evrquest.. there the team that ruined it.. why would you buy anything else from them.. theyve already proven there idiots years ago.I disagree. I loved luclin, PoP and even Ykesha. From ldon after....

EQ is going somewhere. Its just not forward.

RangerDown
10-21-2004, 07:44 AM
EQ is going somewhere. Its just not forward.

I seems to be going to India. :evil:

Mongrel
10-21-2004, 07:04 PM

Well, grats to getting your class nerfed after ... what? ... 8 expansions? My class (Monk) was nerfed with the first (Kunark) and was never restored to what it was before.

I'm now waiting for all the Iksar fanbois to show up and tell me how Iksar monks rock ... fuck you. If you haven't played a monk to 40+ pre-Kunark you have to rights to talk about the class.

Bleh, sorry, had to get that out.

Killerlol
10-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Well, I may try EQ2. If SOE treats paladins like they do in the first game then I'll go to WoW and see if its any better.

jbb
10-22-2004, 06:23 AM
EQ2 for sure.

I've been playing the beta for a few weeks and it's been great fun even with the few problems they've had (and you'd expect in beta).

I can't wait to start playing for real. Sure, there will be bugs to fix and new content to add after the launch but that doesn't matter. It's playable now and I've been having a whole lot of fun playing it and that's what matters.

Farrenz
10-23-2004, 10:09 AM
wow

Scorpx725
10-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Its funny how chanters complain now being nerfed, after other classes have taken a wack for the past 7 or 8 expansions. Your mad your over powered toy was taken away, and you dont like it. Too bad.

Now you know how bards felt, or monks. Its a game, play it. Dont like it, leave, they really dont care.

Scorpx725
10-24-2004, 07:08 AM
ANd yea, Ill be playing EQ2 and WoW, since I have friends from live playing both.

Cisyouc
10-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Its funny how chanters complain now being nerfed, after other classes have taken a wack for the past 7 or 8 expansions. Your mad your over powered toy was taken away, and you dont like it. Too bad.

Now you know how bards felt, or monks. Its a game, play it. Dont like it, leave, they really dont care.You are missing the point. It may have been a tad overpowering, however there are many other solutions that could have been done instead of this. We were told before OoW that charm changes were NOT going to be in effect with the release of OoW, and they did. We were tricked into getting the expansion. Also, they explained the "changes" which, were, no doubt, nerfs, completely wrong to other classes. They explained it as when we haste the pet it should hit as if it was a nonhasted pet when charmed. And when the charm breaks it will be "just another add". WTF? No, its also HASTED. The risk v. reward is totally off. Another solution that was brought up in the serverwide channels on live and on some enchanters' boards was having charmed mobs have a recourse so their dps stays low for about 15 seconds after charm breaks, or instead of reducing his dps, slow the mob 1% so that it cannot be hasted.

Scorpx725
10-24-2004, 09:26 AM
You are missing the point. It may have been a tad overpowering, however there are many other solutions that could have been done instead of this.

Same goes for the bard nerf. Wizards and Druids can still Quad, why should we? Let us kill 8 at once since it will take us longer.

We were told before OoW that charm changes were NOT going to be in effect with the release of OoW, and they did. We were tricked into getting the expansion. Also, they explained the "changes" which, were, no doubt, nerfs, completely wrong to other classes. They explained it as when we haste the pet it should hit as if it was a nonhasted pet when charmed. And when the charm breaks it will be "just another add". WTF? No, its also HASTED. The risk v. reward is totally off. Another solution that was brought up in the serverwide channels on live and on some enchanters' boards was having charmed mobs have a recourse so their dps stays low for about 15 seconds after charm breaks, or instead of reducing his dps, slow the mob 1% so that it cannot be hasted.

Thats whats wrong and I agree, but still, when somethings nerfed its more of a fix, just sony usualy does it wrong.