PDA

View Full Version : Dragorn vs. Omens Golems

Malignus Wingnut
10-10-2004, 07:49 AM
As a side project since 5.9 DR 2 supports oow models and zones, I've decided to put together a server that utilizes these new features.

Upon creating a character you will start in Riftseekers'. You can then talk to some npcs to get background info on the server and its lore. You must then choose whether you wish to become a Dragorn or an Omens Golem. Your race will be permanently set to the model of the race you selected and you will be transported to the start zone for your choice.

There will be numerous newbie quests to complete along with Epic 1.5 and 2.0 (Foregoing epic 1.0) for the higher levels. There will be newbie leveling in your starting zone and adjacent zones, as well as higher end and raiding zones for the end game.

Maximum level will be 70, including a few new spells, gear, mobs, the whole nine yards.

I'm pushing hard for this server and I would expect it to go live within 2 weeks, having content for at least character of level 1 through 30.

mattmeck
10-10-2004, 08:52 AM
the issue with perma race is certain skills wont work correctly.

Malignus Wingnut
10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Cant see what would really change...permarace is a graphical change.

eq
10-10-2004, 01:50 PM
We got to find a way to do

#texture
#race

On mobs so its easier to change what you want :-D

killspree
10-10-2004, 06:26 PM
It's not that skills won't work correctly(unless the client simply limits certain skills based on race...but that's doubtful), but that their animations won't occur for that race. So while you can use skills with that race...you won't do any animations when using them.

Malignus Wingnut
10-11-2004, 04:39 AM
You'll get the running animation, attacking animation, there just wont be shooting bow/casting animations. Ive had a look at what they will look like, doesnt seem to be bad.