PDA

View Full Version : Non-legit Servers

moydo
10-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Are there any left? I tried every server and all are legit with exception of one, and it would not let me in. Said i needed to run the patch and try again. Non legit servers not allowed anymore or just not in demand?

animepimp
10-10-2004, 09:13 AM
They're allowed and always in demand by quite a few people, but they suck to run. Every nonlegit server that ever runs gets flooded by complaints that not enough commands are allowed on it by a few people. No matter what commands are available, some people alwaays want more like the ability to spawn and delete zones and shutdown the server and everything. So the server op gets fed up after 2 weeks and goes to something else. And someone gets on here and posts this exact smae thread and me or someone else posts this exact same response and someone sees it and starts their own nonlegit starting it all over again. Plus its hard to have a player base for a server when the players can try every combination of classes in a day and have nothing left to do and leave from boredom.

moydo
10-10-2004, 09:22 AM
i was thinking something like that.......but you just put it right in perspective, thanks.

Arcane
10-10-2004, 09:34 AM
TRoF is non-legit atm I guess, but that will change soon, I don't listen to complaints about not enough of this that or the other unless it's a viable complaint.

And about getting bored with a server after trying everything in one day, that is as true a statement as I've heard thus far.

Speedz
10-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I definatly like anime's reply :-)

My server (which is 2 days old as of this post) is access 60 till we get all the zoneing issues cleared up, and a bit more content.

Untill then I leave it for a whatever type play. I won't say what it is so I don't get flooded with those wanting higher then 60 access then leave a few days later :-/.....Also it is hosted at home, so getting flooded with this type would not be productive.