PDA

View Full Version : 5.9DR2 Alpha 1 Released!

Malignus Wingnut
10-11-2004, 01:15 PM
This database is fully compatible with the current release of EQEmu, 5.9 DR2.

If has Classic through PoP spawned (minus poinnovation, potimeb, and nightmareb).

It has loot for every mob spawned as well as all items up through GoD.

Download can be located here:

http://home.comcast.net/~molimo140/5.9DR2_alpha_1.zip

~Enjoy.

sdabbs65
10-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks
it works great.
this has saved me many hours of work..

Valkyeri
10-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Good job ! Thanks a whole bunch.

Malignus Wingnut
10-11-2004, 02:17 PM
For those who care, this is what this database is made of:

MW_057DR2_Alpha_1.sql
mwupdate.sql
aa.sql
aa_levels.sql
aa_timers.sql
altadv_vars.sql
FactionListUpdate.sql
FactionNpcUpdate.sql
FactionTablesUpdate.sql
kos.sql
allitems.sql

As well as the following command -

ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD COLUMN ac smallint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

sdabbs65
10-11-2004, 02:24 PM
For those who care, this is what this database is made of:

MW_057DR2_Alpha_1.sql
mwupdate.sql
aa.sql
aa_levels.sql
aa_timers.sql
altadv_vars.sql
FactionListUpdate.sql
FactionNpcUpdate.sql
FactionTablesUpdate.sql
kos.sql
allitems.sql

As well as the following command -

ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD COLUMN ac smallint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

small warning...
if you have PEQ 5.8 installed you will get doors that wont open..
in front of other doors.
I droped the doors SQL table and still have this issue hmmm

Malignus Wingnut
10-11-2004, 03:00 PM
DO NOT source this database on top of an existing database

CREATE A NEW DATABASE.

create database NAME;

replace name with whatever...then

use NAME;

Then source....

Arcane
10-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Silly question; but will this DB cause the server using it to become "Legit"?

sotonin
10-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Being "legit" is determined by what commands you allow the players to have in the server's config.

finwe
10-12-2004, 02:14 AM
i have a problem with this database... when u create a char u appear anywhere in the zone of spawnnn... inside blocls for example???

can it be because point of spawn r wrong in the database???

is outthere a solution????

tks and sorry for my english.

sotonin
10-12-2004, 03:34 AM
It's a problem with alpha1 and classic that will be corrected in future releases. We've fixed a crapload of things for our kunark release including ALL start points, starting gear, etc. It will be great. Test it on PEQ The Grand Creation if you want to see it in action.

We'll eventually have a full pop one out as well, With all the kinks worked out. Right now the only pop able DBs are pretty buggy and comprised of our older dbs (merged in) with classic. The alpha1 was so messy and laid out horribly that it really just creates more problems merging it in with real zone info. Our classic and onward are cleaned up considerably and extraneous information removed.

Again, please help us test the db and the code so we can release kunark quickly and get started on velious! :wink:

Arcane
10-12-2004, 06:58 AM
What kind of information do you need to help fix things? Does the database control where you pop from one zone to another or is that hard coded?

sotonin
10-12-2004, 07:01 AM
The database controls that stuff. We just need ppl to play the game and find things that are wrong with it.

Arcane
10-12-2004, 07:09 AM
Okay I'll try and detail some of the things I've found for you; I know there is an issue with going from Misty Thicket to the Planes of Knowlege in that you fall, hit the ground and lay there bleeding to death if you are a low level character :)

Another one is leaving Rivervale going in to Kithicor Woods, you start out at the wrong z coords and appear in darkness with no way to move. I am guessing these are the proper coords to pop in to the zone with, as they are just at the edge of the zone boundry:

x= 3825.0
y= 2022.0
z= 466.0
Heading 134.9

Another one where you have to walk out a ways then you plummet to your death is leaving Highhold Keep (??? Can't remember exactly the name) entering Eastern Plains of Karana the z is way to high; the coords I think should be as follows:

x= -8338.0
y= -3097.0
z= 693.7
Heading 14.3

If you want the information like that, I can continue to field it for you, if not I'll leave off with this post on this particular subject.

sotonin
10-12-2004, 07:15 AM
Sorry i only deal with PEQ issues. and we are on kunark now. so POK is nonexistent. :wink:

I'll check out misty thicket on our server but im guessing its just happening on yours because of this 5.9 merged db has bad info from alpha1.

If these are from your own database / server then it doesnt really help. If you find these issues while playing on PEQ TGC then yes by all means report them here.....

http://www.peqserver.com/forums

Arcane
10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
The one other than PoK are from the PEQ and the Alpha

sotonin
10-12-2004, 10:28 AM
I dont mean classic. And alpha1 is so far outdated it's not even funny. Nothing in that database should be merged in with classic, they are in different classes altogether and will conflict.

I mean PEQ The Grand Creation, our kunark test server. it's had many many things updated and fixed since classic release. too many to count.

Arcane
10-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Posted: 10-11-2004 07:15 PM Post subject: 5.9DR2 Alpha 1 Released!

Okay Alpha 1 was actually posted last night; it's out dated already? I haven't sourced the two together, I did some work to my Classic database based on some posts I read, and couldn't seem to undo them and said "Oh, Alpha 1, let me try that one instead." it works really well and I didn't have to source in any extra files as you do with Classic.

So are both DB's outdated, is one newer than the other? I'm slightly confused now, not mad or anything just a little confused.

While I'm confused tell me if there are more than one entry for pop in spots for zones, as I tried to fix the Rivervale to Kithicor and the High place to Karana peeking in to the database and tweeking the z coords and it didn't seem to take.

Arcane
10-12-2004, 10:49 AM
It's not critical for RoF to have the pop in points, as I believe that my staffies want to do completely custom zones, thereby dispensing with the originals, but I'm trying to get a grip on the whole DB thing before hand so I can do that portion of it. The wife and kids are pissed off at me because in two days they had to start their characters over again.. Big whoop, RoF is still non-legit so they can #command their way back up to their previous levels.

sotonin
10-12-2004, 10:52 AM
Sorry to confuse you. The "Alpha1" released in this thread is not a release by Project EQ. it's by somebody else who took 2 of our databases (Classic + Alpha1) OUR alpha1 is mega outdated so this "merge" is very very liable to have big issues.

Malignus Wingnut
10-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Ok some notes....

This is COMPLETELY different from ANYTHING by the folks at peqserver.com.

This database simply has more than classic zones spawned, it does NOT contain proper pathing/hps/mob spells. It is SIMPLY for folks who want a stock-spawned database for editing, rather than collect all the zones themselves. No other database at the moment has any of the planes spawned..for that matter anything past classic zones.

sotonin
10-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Aye. seems like a good starter DB for somebody wanting to make a custom server. There will be problems though down the road. There's numerous zones and ID's that are just thrown in not making any sense. and will conflict with other zones in the future. It's just a mess (PEQ original alpha1) compared to our newer release (and future releases)

Arcane
10-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Uh.. My apologies Malignus.. I don't know what else to say, I like the Alpha 1 database, it works wonderfully.

Do you want any input for the DB? If not I'll not say anything else.

Arcane
10-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Shit you guys post fast... Okay I'm taking notes...

Arcane
10-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Anyway; I really appreciate the PEQ Classic and the Alpha 1 DB that is at the lead of this thread. I'm trying to get a good handle on manipulating the database.

Malignus Wingnut
10-12-2004, 02:54 PM
I'm not really into database making, I just threw this one out there because so many people have asked for dbs with more than classic zones spawned. My db has that, so i got rid of custom content and released.

roccox
10-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Where do i put this file after i DL it to play 5.9?. im kinda noobish at this sorry

sotonin
10-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Where do i put this file after i DL it to play 5.9?. im kinda noobish at this sorry

if you have to ask that you dont need to worry about running a server. worry about learning mysql and how to deal with databases, and what databases are.

Arcane
10-17-2004, 01:20 AM

if you have to ask that you dont need to worry about running a server. worry about learning mysql and how to deal with databases, and what databases are.

Say you don't mean it Sotonin *lol*

cyberstormx
10-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Is this db compatible with wr_update.sql ?

cyberstormx
10-19-2004, 03:34 AM
Is the LOS code implemented in the db to work with the *.map files ?

And also, is there a quick fix for the

[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, fl
id=190
Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, fl
id=192
id=193
id=197
id=1266
id=2733
id=2734
id=2735
id=2737
id=10068
id=10068

Thx

Malignus Wingnut
10-19-2004, 11:42 AM
You dont hafta worry about that error...its probably an error with faction.cpp, gotta update it to allow more than those factions. Your server will still run even with those errors.