PDA

View Full Version : Back to LoginServer after Character Select

Daenks
10-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey, sorry to sound newbish, but whenever i try to connect to9 any server, i create my character, and then i am returned to the LoginServer. Regular EQ works fine, so i dont think its a directX problem. Any suggestions?

Thx in advance
Dan

Scorpious2k
10-11-2004, 10:00 PM
make sure you are connecting to servers that have [5.9 DR2] in front of their names. Thos that are have anything else there will not work with the current EQ.

Arcane
10-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Some of the 5.9DR2 Server don't work for you unless you patch backwards; something about the database and number of expansions allowed.

Speedz
10-12-2004, 11:56 AM
I had that issue at first with my server. My client would not connect at all after character creation.

I changed my database and well it works. So its highly likely its server side, in the database area.

But I'm sure there is room for client compatability also.

Arcane
10-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Yeah; I started digging in to the PEQ Classic database, trying the old learn by looking method that I used to code for my UO Shard, but with EQEmulator it's not that easy and EQEmu is not as forgiving as POL94 or RunUO 1.0, especially since POL can run with errors in place.

I changed the z coords of some "pop-in" points of a few zones so that you would appear in the right place, and also the number of zones, however; this caused my server to crash when the "extra" races or races that required zones above what was set in the Classic DB originally. By the time I got to that point, I had made to many un-documented changes to my DB and couldn't completely undo the damage I had done; there by causing a server crash.

I'm currently using the Alpha 1 release from Malignus Wingnut in the Database/World Building forum and it's working like a champ, it even add some things that I couldn't figure out so I'm happy for now. From now on I know that I'm going to document every single change I make and when I made it so that if I ever screw up my database again, I can un-do things from the bottom of the list and work my way up until I find "the" screw up. I don't know why I didn't do it before, all my code for RunUO is documented in to the code so I'm used to it, just got sloppy this time I guess.

my advice to anyone working in their database, even using information from the forums here is . . .

Document! Document! Document!

maveren
10-13-2004, 05:03 PM
my advice to anyone working in their database, even using information from the forums here is . . .

Document! Document! Document!
if you want to save yourself 2 steps, my advice is . . .

Backup! :wink:

As far as I know, without being facicious and breaking any rules, (shut your eyes, yeah you know who you are) :shock:
peq doesnt work on dr2 servers, if tested, resourced, repatched, recompiled, run other compiles and in the process of finding somone to dump a working PEQ-DR2 up to the current Live Client, well, I havent found one, or cant loginto there games to ask for the obvious "there database doesnt work with late live patch, reasons." :roll:
No problems exist on Alpha 1 you say? :o
can you bump me a link, please, I would be very greatfull. :P

Arcane
10-14-2004, 02:55 AM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17752

This is the one I'm using, Malignus Wingnut posted it, it worked as soon as I dropped it in.

Oh, yes, backup is really good advice; But I didn't do it :)

burakko
10-14-2004, 11:51 PM
if you are live patched ya can only connect to dr3 servers but ther are not much dr3 servers i ther are also no NON LEGIT servers on dr3

Arcane
10-15-2004, 11:53 AM
I specifically remember logging in to my own server after a few "good" tweaks to my database with a full on patch from SOE. I haven't tried a full patch yet with the Alpha 1 db yet though.

Hexdaven
10-15-2004, 08:13 PM
I am also having this problem, I just barely patched yestday, 10/15 I can log into character select but I cant log into any of the servers game, including the test server. Any walkthrough advice, I am not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff. Do I need to patch backwards? Or are there just no servers active at the moment that support the latest patch information?