PDA

View Full Version : Offline ???

Laviathon
10-15-2004, 12:12 AM
hello everyone , i want to set up a server but i dont want it to be an online server i just want it for me and some friends to play on my Offline gameing set up . i have 10 computers all networked for gameing Starcraft, ect.. well me and some friends were talking and would love to set one up but we are unsure if we can set up offline and if so how would we go about doing that .

any help would be Great .. thank you

sdabbs65
10-15-2004, 12:28 AM
hello everyone , i want to set up a server but i dont want it to be an online server i just want it for me and some friends to play on my Offline gameing set up . i have 10 computers all networked for gameing Starcraft, ect.. well me and some friends were talking and would love to set one up but we are unsure if we can set up offline and if so how would we go about doing that .

any help would be Great .. thank you

I would Suggest a LAN connection and maybe minilogin if it still works....I dont use it and i don't even know if it is supported anymore..

eq_addict_08
10-15-2004, 06:07 AM
Hello, McFly..... How many times does this need to be said. There is NO lan logon for any recent clients. 5.7-dr3(?) was last one to use minilogin. I think the perl version may allow early 5.8 clients, but never tried. Other than that, just freakin lock your server so only people you want in can get in.

Laviathon
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
lol ok might do that , sorry for posting about this , i found a few threads on it after i had already posted guess i should have deleted this post but forgot , so guess can only say oops hehe

later