PDA

View Full Version : Item charges = 0

dzags
10-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm running a 6.0 dr1 server over my LAN but we seem to have a few problems that I was wondering if anyone could help me iron out. I apologize if the answers to these problems are elsewhere, I'm still in the process of looking for them.

1) All items with charges (such as journeyboots) say that they have no charges when we right click on them... why?
2) Monster agro, how do we fix it? I read something about needing the map files but where do I put them?
3)When we login it frequently drops us from a very high place causing a death if we dont do a quick #zone.

Thanks in advance.

adark2002
10-15-2004, 09:35 PM
1)To get clickies working try this:

At the command prompt type:
cd\mysql\bin
mysql -u root <dbname>
UPDATE items SET unknown008=1;
quit
exit

2)Do a search to locate where to download the map files ya need then make a Maps folder in your eqemu directory and put them there.(Its a big file)

3)Still trying to get this one figured myself :?

Good luck

sotonin
10-16-2004, 01:03 AM
i wouldnt do that.

id do

UPDATE items SET unknown008=1 WHERE unknown008=0;

otherwise you overwrite items that had values other than 0

dzags
10-16-2004, 02:21 AM
Thank you, I appreciate it alot :)

Elkay
10-16-2004, 03:21 AM
I also thought that the zone data is all stored in the db now.. do we need the map files again now?

sotonin
10-16-2004, 06:51 AM
the zone config files are in the db. meaning you dont need the /cfg folder. but yes you need maps

Edgar1898
10-16-2004, 02:20 PM
heh, didnt see your thread until I had finished fixing it

Elkay
10-17-2004, 03:27 AM
the zone config files are in the db. meaning you dont need the /cfg folder. but yes you need maps

How come my pathing worked fine prior to this release even though I had no map files? So with no map files I have to disable all my pathing now?

Edgar1898
10-17-2004, 03:32 AM
you need maps for agro, unless they changed paths as well (I havent looked that deeply into paths) it should work the same whether you have maps or not.

sotonin
10-17-2004, 04:15 AM
exactly as edgar said. map files have nothing to do with pathing at all. they only affect agro

dzags
10-19-2004, 10:08 AM
UPDATE items SET unknown008=1 WHERE unknown008=0;
running that on my db (6.0) results in

ERROR 1054: Unknown column 'unknown008' in 'where clause'

ack.

movieman
10-21-2004, 12:12 AM
I believe 'unknown008' was renamed to 'SpellCharges'. That was one of the things I had to fix in my database to get 6.0 running last night.

Xothin
10-22-2004, 05:39 AM
Unfortunately, this isn't a permanent fix.

When you log out, and back in, the item will then start saying, Item out of Charges again. :shock:

garim12
10-22-2004, 11:57 AM
I've been having the same problem on my server. Here's how I fixed it:

First, I looked through the code and found this in database.cpp:

uint32 len_query = MakeAnyLenString(&query, "REPLACE INTO inventory (charid,slotid,itemid,charges,color) VALUES(%i,%i,%i,%i,%i)",
char_id, slot_id, inst->GetItem()->ItemNumber, inst->GetCharges(), inst->GetColor() );

inst->GetCharges() returns -1 if the item is a right clicky with infinite charges. However, the charges field in my database's inventory table was an unsigned tinyint. So you'd summon an item with infinite charges, then when it went to write it to the database, the -1 got changed into a 0, hence the Out of Charges message.

So, I removed the unsigned flag on the charges field in inventory and sharedbank and now all my right clickies work. I'm not sure if changing this impacts anything else yet... only been testing it for about a day so far, but I haven't seen any items yet with enough charges to make changing this variable a problem.

dzags
10-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Sorry Garim, its late, that post confused the hell out of me :) What do I need to go about to do that?

garim12
10-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Oh, crap, sorry... was late and I forgot to paste my SQL statements in. Here's what I ran:

ALTER TABLE inventory MODIFY charges tinyint(3) default 0;
ALTER TABLE sharedbank MODIFY charges tinyint(3) default 0;

Oh, and a reminder: all of the right-clicky items you've already summoned in game will still be broken. Just destroy those items and #summonitem them again and they should work from now on.

Aquelin
10-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Oh, crap, sorry... was late and I forgot to paste my SQL statements in. Here's what I ran:

ALTER TABLE inventory MODIFY charges tinyint(3) default 0;
ALTER TABLE sharedbank MODIFY charges tinyint(3) default 0;

Oh, and a reminder: all of the right-clicky items you've already summoned in game will still be broken. Just destroy those items and #summonitem them again and they should work from now on.

I thought I would bump this thread for all those who still haven't successfully fixed "Item out of charges" (Including me). The above fix has not worked for me, as well as several other fixes from the topics I have viewed. If a confirmed fix is posted here perhaps we may end the issue on item out of charges, eh? :P

ajb20
10-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Well what I found works is the following: Get rid of all the items with charges that are on vendors or are handing to the player through a quest. If they are actually forced to loot the item, it seems they never bug, at least haven't had any complaints about it since I changed it over to where they looted the ring. So it seems the problem is somewhere with the NPC handing the item to the player :x

Sarepean
10-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Hey! I was having this problem until about an hour ago. The problem is in the database and is exactly what Garim was saying--- except his fixes don't fix the inventory part of it. I used MySQLFront and changed the charges table in Inventory, Sharedbank, and items to just being a tinyint (right click "charges" in object view, click properties, uncheck unsigned).

Boot your server up after that, resummon items that have infinite charges (or are supposed to) and give it a shot. Zone some if you need to. Etc, etc. Should work. =)

-Sarepean