PDA

View Full Version : problems with port in mob to poinnovation

jimbox114
10-16-2004, 10:56 AM
I am about to go nuts over this. For some reason I can not get this quest npc to allow people to port into the plane of innovation. If I do a regular #zone into the zone it will take me to 0 0 0 (right inside the factory). If I go into the plane of tranquility and click the gear it will take me right to the beginning with no trouble. However even useing the exact same cords that the database has for that gear in pot it still puts you in some off the wall location outside of the zone. I had this problem to a extent in solrotower, but in that case it was just putting them too low. All I had to do to fix that was raise the Z cord by about 15 and it worked fine. Anyways here is the quest I got so far:

#Sage of innovation
##Ports players to Plane of Innovation. Requires 1 Gem of Innovation item 1070, which is given back.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Greetings, have you come to [learn] about the Plane of Innovation?");}

if ($text=~ /learn/i){quest::say("We are now ready to send travelers to the Plane of Innovation. Be warned,
Only the fittest adventurers can survive the mechanical menaces of this plane.
I do hope you have your [Gem] of Innovation. I will need it to send you to this
plane.");}

if ($text=~ /gem/i){quest::say("Yes we have found that by channeling our magic through
a Gem of Innovation we can port to and from this plane.
If you do not have one I am afraid you are out of luck.
Last I heard there was a Dwarf in Solusek Ro's Tower who
had some of these. Perhaps if you help him he may help you?");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{1070} == 1){
quest::say("Great you have one then, off you go!");
quest::summonitem(1070);
quest::movepc(206,263,516,-45);
}
}

Any problems I ever had with port quests was usually something simple like raise the Z cord, or switch the X Y around. I have done all of that and every time it goes to some oddball location (something like 110, -1100, -344)

Malignus Wingnut
10-17-2004, 03:43 AM
You could try having it port then below the world, so it will automatically port them to the safe coords.

RangerDown
10-17-2004, 06:39 AM
Try to switch around the destination X and Y coordinate and see if that helps. Some systems use X/Y, while others use Y/X. It's crazy :P

Scorpx725
10-17-2004, 08:25 AM
It's crazy

It's Sony.