PDA

View Full Version : Linux

schoppew
10-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Will there be a minilogin for linux in the future?

Edgar1898
10-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Probably not, having one that works across multiple linux platforms would require it to be open source. As of right now I dont want it to be open source.

eq_addict_08
10-19-2004, 02:02 AM
People have used wine in the past to run minilogin. Also, there is a Perl version of minilogin for 5.7-dr6 servers out there. Since you have the source(if you d-load it), you could prolly mod it to use IP addresses in stead of the uname/pword, thus bypassing the encryption issue. Just some thoughts. There are a couple other sources out there that you could take ideas from, though I haven't seen any that can simply compile and work out-of-box.

loderunner
10-19-2004, 03:25 PM
I've used it successfully with WINE in the past. I dont like the extra overhead by doing it that way, and it would be nice to have a linux (open source) version of it. I am however, very grateful for this one being put out. My buddies and I quit playing when it (minilogin) went away last time, and I have a few mates who will be very pleased to play again. : )

Peace,
Loderunner

schoppew
10-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, I just set it up on a windows machine with the emulator running on the linux machine. It seems to work well like this, I too am glad its out on anything at all.