PDA

View Full Version : 0.6.0 Visual Bugs

Elkay
10-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Facial features work, hair color at least on wood elf males is wrong. My hair appears white when I zone in, but is correct on the character select screen. Also as a new bug, armor dyes are not shown once in a zone. Both are accurately shown in the character select screen, and once in game if I go to the armor dye section it shows the correct colors assigned, but yet still shows the original armor colors for each slot on the character itself.

sotonin
10-16-2004, 08:44 PM
i dont think dyes are even implemented.

Elkay
10-17-2004, 03:41 AM
The dye used to be in 5.9 at the least, I'm positive of that. In fact, the characters look perfect at the char select. In game is another story. Now my toons are all dressed in rainbows haha. The hair problem has been around though with certain models. Maybe then dye code got overlooked in the merge?

Oh and an example of non working hair.. wood elf male with the longer than shoulder length hair with the mini pony tail. That one always appears white to me in game after zoning when I try to set it brown.

cavedude
10-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Dyes did work in previous versions perfectly. I know the armor on my charcter was dyed on a previous build and it shows up fine in 0.6.0, I haven't tried to actually dye under the new build however.

finwe
10-22-2004, 04:27 AM
i am having the same hair and dye problems...

fathernitwit
10-22-2004, 05:07 AM
dyes definately were changed in the merge, and I have not been able to figure out whats wrong with them. On the other hand, if they worked in 5.9, they didnt work right... because it didnt save the color information ANYWHERE... I think the dye color was attached to the slot itself, not the item... so you die your legs red, and anything you put there is red...

The part I havent been able to figure out is how to send the right colors to the client. Mine get a little scrambled, but then when I reorder the packet to match the scrambling pattern I see, it changes again... so im kinda at a loss.

Edgar1898
10-22-2004, 08:54 AM
I originally worked on dyes, they worked correcly and saved the color in the color field of the inventory table. They worked as of 5.7, but I havent updated them since.

fathernitwit
10-22-2004, 09:53 AM
yea, when I got to the code... solar had gone through EVERYWHERE and basically taken out all of the color stuff in the inventory table, ignoring it everywhere... so I put it back, plus a bit of code from WR to manage setting the colors on the appearance structus in the PP. Thats where I was having some strangeness... the little boxes in the 'dye' window dont line up right AFAIK...

thats about all the info I have...

Elkay
10-23-2004, 05:26 AM
At least now I know I'm not the only one with the problem. As of right now, the database updates correctly with color information on the item slots. The boxes in the dye menu act correctly. However, as soon as I hit save now, the displayed colors on the character go back to defaults. On the char select screen, on first login from LS, the colors are represented correctly. Facial features also display correctly here. Char select = character looking exactly right. However once in zone, I'm also still having problems with hair color. My wood elf male keeps getting stuck with white hair no matter what.

Edgar1898
10-23-2004, 05:16 PM
- Fixed

Elkay
10-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Hmm.. updated from CVS just now, tested making a new character and dyeing some of my old ones. Doesn't seem to quite be right still. Now my char select colors are wrong also. Colors still seem to be saving correctly though. After saving the colors, it immediately displays the undyed colors. However if I log out and in, initially it displays the wrong colors, but if I bring up the dye window, I can simply hit reset and it displays the correct colors. When doing this, all of the dye color boxes go blank/black however. Another thing I noticed is that once you save a dye, it consumes the reagent but it does not display that the reagent was used. Once you try to pick up the prismatic dyes from inventory it does say that they don't really exist in that slot anymore.

fathernitwit
10-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Once you try to pick up the prismatic dyes from inventory it does say that they don't really exist in that slot anymore.

if your still getting that error, CVS hasnt updated yet. give it a couple hours.

Elkay
10-24-2004, 01:40 PM
What's a good rule of thumb for CVS update latency? It's 9pm Sunday here and I still haven't seen any further updates. The last updates I saw were around 12 or 1pm today. The changelog of my current cvs download does also have the entry about the fixed dyeing.

fathernitwit
10-24-2004, 02:56 PM
its generally 4 hours...

so i dont know what to tell you... the item deletion bug was definately fixed more than 4 hours ago, so if your still seeing items not deleting properly, then I dont know any other explanation...

Elkay
10-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Ohhhhh... yeah that does seem to be fixed. Sorry, wasn't locking on to that one specific thing that you quoted. That problem does seem to be fixed, and thanks. Had to manually go in and delete duplicate items in slots for a long time now. The bug with dyeing is what I thought you were talking about, and is still happening.

Edgar1898
10-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Explain exactly what your doing with as many details as possible. I dont have any problems with dying my armor. In fact I dyed each piece of my armor a different color to make sure it worked correctly and it does...

Elkay
10-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Doh I was afraid you'd say that. I don't have time tonight, but tomorrow evening after work I'll explain exactly what happens with me. I've also tried 4 old and 4 new characters, so it's not like it's something that I tried once and gave up lol. And FYI.. 2:30am Monday morning.. pretty sure at this point I'm on latest CVS since I just tried again one last time and no updates for me. Also on latest live patch.

And a real quicky for tonight in case you feel like debugging during the day tomorrow, in a nutshell from a newly created or old character, I summon 7 dyes, click dye from inventory, set my colors, click save. From that point, I experience all the provlems I've already made in this post. I'll give step by steps tomorrow night if that's not enough info to reproduce the problem on your end.

Elkay
10-25-2004, 10:36 AM
Ok, upon logging into zone, my character's colors appear as the original item color. I summon 7 reagents, go to dyeing menu. All dyes appear the right color in the box. If I select a slot and change the color, the changes is reflected on the character. If I then hit reset, the visible color on the character turns to the correct dyed color. I can also change all the slots and hit save and I appear correctly. However, if I log out and then immediately log back in, I am back to displaying the original item colors. It's a very simple process, and very repeatable. I've tried it on 8 different races/classes, all in different zones, and have the same problem with all 8.

Edit: HO HO !!!! I figured out the problem (sort of!).. I'm ending up with duplicate items on my characters, presumably when I am dyeing.. I know for a fact I haven't touched the equipment on this character in quite some time and yet I have duplicates of items in each dyed slot, with different colors. Perhaps an SQL bug somewhere?

sotonin
10-25-2004, 10:38 AM
if your inventory keys arent set correctly, this happens. was fixed in classic release, but if you use another version thats floating around it seems they didnt use the same corrected structure.

Elkay
10-25-2004, 10:48 AM
I just cleaned a character duplicate slots, set all my colors, saved, wham. I instantly had 2 items on all visible slots. So is this a code or a db issue, and if it's a db issue, how do I go about fixing it?

sotonin
10-25-2004, 11:39 AM
i already told you. you have to set the keys on the inventory table

Elkay
10-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Not sure what you meant by that. I see that there are no primary keys set on the inventory table, however with it's current structure I see no way of setting a unique identifier. Also, I compared my structure of the inventory table to that of a clean PEQ install and the structures are identical.

sotonin
10-25-2004, 11:50 AM
you have to have primary key charid, slotid

or it will let you insert multiple items.

Elkay
10-25-2004, 04:37 PM
I didn't think that was allowed because of items that are stackable.. how are they represented? I thought 'charges' and the number of items in a stack were independent..

sotonin
10-25-2004, 06:05 PM
if you dont set you'r keys. live with multiple items in their slots.

/shrug

Elkay
10-26-2004, 02:25 AM
Multiple items in one slot is obviously wrong if it's not a stackable item. I'm just wondering how stackable items are represented in the database. I see the charges column, but I thought that was for item charges not number of items in a stack.. or is that column used for both?

sotonin
10-26-2004, 03:58 AM
Not positive but i think i vaguely remember fnw says it uses it for both. Which i can see coming into issues if there were ever a stackable right click item.

Elkay
10-26-2004, 04:18 AM
Stackable right click items would likely still function as a "charged" item.. you right click and it goes down by one anyway. But yeah if that's the case, then the primary keys would work fine that way. I'll set and test it tonight after work.

sotonin
10-26-2004, 04:33 AM
We've had keys on inventory since shortly after class release (thought they were set in classic but i guess i was wrong)

They work fine.

Elkay
10-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Cleaned up my item dupes, went to dye a character with the methods already mentioned, now when I hit save dye the colors all immediately go back to their defaults. Char select also shows the original colors. Log out, log back in, colors are all defaults. Hit dye and it opens the window with all colors correct in the boxes. If I then hit reset before doing anything else, all the boxes go black but the character's visible colors become the correct dyed colors. As soon as I zone or log out however, visible colors are back to defaults. This is repeatable as many times as I can try it.

sotonin
10-26-2004, 02:57 PM
u tried deleting all your gear and summoning new gear fresh?

Elkay
10-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Tried it with new player from scratch even.

EDIT: I got it working. All I have to say is, screw SourceForge. For whatever the reason, some of my files were reporting up-to-date when they really were not. The only way I could get SF to send me the latest of all the files was to start a new directory from CVS. After compiling that project, I was then able to set all dyes correctly.

Now the only visual problem that I have is hair. About half my characters work, the other half do not. The styles stay correct, but about half the time my characters show white hair in game after zoning no matter what color I set it to. Character select screen always shows the correctly save hair color.