PDA

View Full Version : Compiler switches?

Boogahed
05-02-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm compiling using MSVC6 SP4.
Although everything compiles ok, my exe files are somewhat larger than the binary distribution versions. I am setting the active configuration to "release", not "debug". I'm wondering if there are some optimization settings I'm not aware of or perhaps the binary distro was produced with a different compiler.

Also when using my compiled versions of World.exe and ZoneNT.exe, the server crashes every time someone interacts with a NPC. Everything else seems to work fine.

I'm interested in hearing how others using MSVC are doing it.
Thanks.

devn00b
05-03-2002, 04:12 AM
I havev noticed the same thing as you my zone.exe is arround 738k (give or take). Ive been using an exe Compressor to drop the size it seems to squish it down to the size of the EXE in the public distro so im guessing that whoever (hogie?) handles the releases uses some sorta exe compressor

Boogahed
05-03-2002, 04:47 AM
I've narrowed my problem down to the zone program.
My compiled version of world.exe works with the distro version of ZoneNT.exe running on top, but when I run my compiled version of ZoneNT.exe I get a zone crash right after someone tries to interact with a NPC. If I watch the window I can see where it tries to load a quest file for that zone and then the crash occurs.
The distro version doesnt do this.
Kind of depressing...gonna keep hacking away at it tho.