PDA

View Full Version : Question on Expansions...

tuesday451
10-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Does one need to have all the expansions to play EQEMU? A long time ago i played eq and played it until SoV, but there is like ninety billion more expansions after that (exhageration) just wondering if its okay to install all that stuff without patching and still play or is there something more i need to know or whatever....email me at Tuesday451@hotmail.com

RangerDown
10-19-2004, 11:02 AM
You don't need to have all the expansions to play emu. In fact, some server ops may have some of the expansions disabled. If you don't have certain expansions installed, you will simply be unable to take advantage of the zones/features those expansions give.

You're not gonna be able to install that stuff and retain compatibility with any of our server versions. The only thing you can do is install them then patch to live.

Luckily our 6.0 server code is currently compatible with the live client, but SOE could change that at any moment. If you want to patch to live, you could go to the patcher's check boxes under "Advanced" and check all the expansions so you download them with your next patch.