PDA

View Full Version : Epic 1.5's

dzags
10-19-2004, 05:46 PM
How would I go about enabling them on my server? They don't show in searchitem.

killspree
10-19-2004, 05:48 PM
They have to be added to the item database.

animepimp
10-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Run packet collector and log into EQ Live. Get the new epics for each class with one of your characters and then download the latest collected items DB.

dzags
10-20-2004, 03:51 AM
Oh perfect anime, I'll have them to you by this afternoon. Is there no way to add an item to my database manually by entering in the stats? I know it wouldnt have the same look desired but there are some older weapons missing as well that I would like to put in.

sotonin
10-20-2004, 04:21 AM
if you use the classic database you have the biggest collection of items on eqemu. Kunark which is coming soon has every item from lucy from the 16th of this month. Epics will be added too next time we pull from lucy if they are all there.

RangerDown
10-20-2004, 05:35 AM
You can add them into the item db manually, but if there's one table in the database that's a bitch to figure out, it's the items table. I've studied the various tables in the db time and time again, and even I have no idea what some of those fields in the items table do, or what their valid values are, and so on.

It doesn't help either that some of those fields are "unknown" -- that is, it's storing a piece of the packet from the packet-collect of the item, but we don't really know what that piece does :P But if we don't store its value to pass along to our emu clients in our packets, wierd things might happen. And if you're populating the database manually, you really have no choice but to either use 0 for those "unknown" fields, or make a wild guess. Which might leave your newly-created item bugged :(