PDA

View Full Version : Issues with my new server

mattnaik
10-20-2004, 12:31 AM
First issue im having is a login issue. I know its a problem with my router and ports being forwarded...mainly, which ports. Ive read all posts on this and my setup should be working. i must be missing something

Im using the default boot5zones.bat with 7995-7999 as the ports for zones. My router is forwarding ports 7995-7999 to the server and port 9000 as well. No software firewall running at all. Im not using minilogin so im not forwarding any login ports. Any attempt to login by anyone outside of my network results in a 1017. The minute i put this computer in the routers DMZ everything works fine and people can log in

Ive done a "netstat" while in the DMZ and people are logged into my server and dont see any connections on ports that arent normally forwarded.

I cant keep this computer in the DMZ because i have a second computer on the network that runs web and mail servers and are rendered useless when my other computer is in the DMZ

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Matt

Derision
10-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Just a thought, I know on Linksys routers you get the option to forward ports as UDP, TCP, or both. Did you specify UDP (or both), since EQ uses UDP ?

mattnaik
10-20-2004, 02:33 AM
my router's a netgear and there is no way to specify a specific protocol. So my assumption is it doesnt support any sort of transport layer filtering and all protocols are forwarded.

This behavior indicates that a port is required between choosing the server from the server select screen and when you actually enter the world. since netstat was only run when people were logged in, maybe there was no connection to the required port at the time for me to see