PDA

View Full Version : Issue's with AA's

mattnaik
10-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Running a 6.0DR1 server with "Semi-Complete" DB configuration

When i spend point in AA's everything works fine for the general category. but after 6 it should theoretically unlock the Archtype. This does not occur. Was wondering if there is some DB setting that's required to cause the unlocking of Archtypes to occur

animepimp
10-20-2004, 02:36 AM
The client is responsible for what appears locked and unlocked, not the server. So just make sure you're high enough level and keep spending.

govtcheeze
10-20-2004, 04:03 AM
I am not certain this is the cause, but if you look at the ones that do not highlight (after the requirements ARE met) they have 2 boxes in the requirement field. The boxes remind me of how windows displays carrage returns when a file comes from linux, so there appears to be some sort of miscommunication between client and server somewhere on these AAs.[/img]

Xothin
10-20-2004, 05:42 AM
I've also noticed an issue here.

When spending AA's, two things happen.

1) I spend on, say, run speed - 1 point, and another option appears below it, "Run Speed" 1/3, buy that, and it then goes away and the original one updates to Run Speed 2/3. Buy that and it updates to Run Speed 3/3. This same thing happens for all of the AA skills.

2) AA points spent does not update correctly. Sometimes it will jump to 5, then back down to 3, then up to 6, its random and sporadic. Then I am unable to spend in the 2nd and 3rd AA columns.

I've #level 'ed my GM toon to 65, so level is not an issue. I've #setaapts 100 on this toon, so AA points is not an issue. I've updated to live as of 10/16/2004, so my client is up to date to work with EQEmu.

Not sure what could be causing it, I've tried just about every combination possible. I can't get the AA abilities past General to unlock.

Also, I've updated to the latest CVS as of the 20th.

On a side note, there was a field added to Player_Corpses, not sure of the context that is needed to update a database as I am not fully versed how to do it via the command line(so I did it in MySqlCC =P), but if you add a field named rezzed, with a type of Tiny Int and set it's default to 1, the new compiled version of the server will run.

mattnaik
10-20-2004, 01:51 PM
ok figured this one out. if you look at the prereq_skill field in the altadv_vars table some of the fields have a large number (im assuming this is the max int) change these to 0 and you will now be able to spend points on them

Make sure you restart your server after you make the changes

Should fix it right up

dzags
10-20-2004, 02:27 PM
nevermind

Xothin
10-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Those fields with the very large numbers mean something totally different.

With the AA skills, there is a pre-req for the class and advanced AA skills... some is level, others is prereq skills. If those pre-req numbers are set to 0, then they will be available all the time.

Edit: To the devs, is there maybe some way to create a "ghost" AA skill that will allow the ones with a level to be purchased that is assigned when you meet the reqs?

IE - The second tier AA skills require level 55 and 6 points spent in the General AA abilities. Create a ghost AA skill(one that does not show up in the list) that is automatically awarded when these reqs are met?

mattnaik
10-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Edit: To the devs, is there maybe some way to create a "ghost" AA skill that will allow the ones with a level to be purchased that is assigned when you meet the reqs?

IE - The second tier AA skills require level 55 and 6 points spent in the General AA abilities. Create a ghost AA skill(one that does not show up in the list) that is automatically awarded when these reqs are met?

I am not a dev of eqemu obviously but because this is a DB driven application that would require hardcoding DB values into the actual compiled code for that too work. I was under the impression the unlocking of the archtypes was client controlled. Therefor setting the required skill to 0 would mean no other skill would be required.

I have yet to actually try my solution yet as i am in the process of redoing my DB right now. If anyone has a chance, try setting the values to 0 and spend 6 in general and see what happens. Will determine if the unlocking is client side or not

Magoth78
10-21-2004, 02:09 AM
Xothin> I have exactly the same issue as you. When I buy AA, a second line appear with the same AA and I can only buy the others AA's on this line.
And after a zoneing/camping/lding, sometimes I loose 1 AA somewhere and gain 1 AA in an ability that I've never spent points in.

I also need help :?

Mag

fathernitwit
10-21-2004, 12:08 PM
I have noticed this, and havent been able to figure out a fix for it..
the new AA stuff is kinda lethal encounter's domain right now... nobody else understands it yet.

anyways... this is mainly a note to lethal if he reads this...
one problem I noticed was that the large integers that are spoken about above are not being read from the DB correctly. the numbers are like 4 billion (close to 32 bit value -1), but when they get read into the client, they are read in as 2 billion.. missing the high bit set... one cause of this is the use of atoi()... but I converted this stuff over to use strtoul(), and it still did it, so im not really sure what the problem is right now... anyways, its something to look at, as I know its a problem right now.

*moved to bugs forum so LE will see it *

Edgar1898
10-21-2004, 03:09 PM
kk Thanks, will get it fixed

Edgar1898
10-21-2004, 03:21 PM
On a side note, there was a field added to Player_Corpses, not sure of the context that is needed to update a database as I am not fully versed how to do it via the command line(so I did it in MySqlCC =P), but if you add a field named rezzed, with a type of Tiny Int and set it's default to 1, the new compiled version of the server will run.

If you set the default to 1, you will never be able to rez anyone. The default HAS to be 0.

Xothin
10-21-2004, 06:39 PM
My bad on the typo. ^.^

I set mine to default to 0, just missed that in my post.

Edgar1898
10-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Fixed almost all the AA isues described here. The total aas spent works much better, but there is a pesky bug that causes it to not be 100% accurate that I am still working on. It seems that if you spent more than 2 points in one ability it will always say you spent one less in that ability than you actually had unless you buy the max. Example: You purchase 3 out of 5 points of an AA, it will say you spent 2 for that AA. If you buy all 5 it will display correctly though. As I said a pesky bug :P

Xothin
10-21-2004, 09:38 PM
When will these fixes hit the CVS?

EDIT: Maybe I should have run my CVS update before posting...

So far so good, just a couple more small things. ^.^

Under Planar power, there are several items that can be bought twice each level.

Tried them and they only let me buy them once per level.

SK Class abilities(not sure about any of the others, as I didn't try them) are not showing. There were a couple that still did that create a new line, make you buy it there, and then go back to the original thing.

Thats about all I have for the ones that I checked, thanks again for really getting into those AAs. ^.^( by the way, I'm not sure if you noticed, but the skills are not registering points spent on upgrade 2.)

mattnaik
10-22-2004, 05:14 AM
also the AA's Planar Power and Innate Enlightenment are supposed to allow the max of your stats to go beyond the level cap. i dont believe they do that at this point

fathernitwit
10-22-2004, 05:23 AM
umm..

a shit ton of AAs are not implemented still... and even more of them are not in the DB right now... so dont be suprised that at least 60% of them dont work... its a lot better than the 5% that were there before WR merge.

If any of you think you know AAs well, theres a bit of database work that needs to be done to make all the activateable AAs work... if any of you are interested, gimme a PM.

zephyr325
10-22-2004, 05:56 AM
...a shit ton...
I like that. I'm gonna start using it.

"Ya, we've got a shit ton of problems in the queue right now, its gonna be a while before we can get to 'ya..." :lol:

Edgar1898
10-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Fixed: Any buying problems or issues like that pesky total spent count should now be fixed. Most AAs still arent implemented though, so you can buy them but they probably wont do anything...yet :P

Xentar
10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
is the information as to how an AA behaves or what it does hard coded into server or in the DB?