PDA

View Full Version : Peqserver.com & kunark

sotonin
10-20-2004, 05:43 AM
http://www.peqserver.com

is back up and working again after the server reformat. Nothing was lost it's all the way it was before. The classic fix is up again for you to download if you need it.

Keep an eye out for the Kunark release. Still undecided if we're going to release it now or wait for our HackersQuest npc inserts to go in (missing named mobs filled in from HQ db). Considering that there's already 2 table changes since our "intended" release dump. i think we're gonna wait.

Xothin
10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Sotonin, if you could explain a few things to me, I'd really appreciate it. I have a friend of mine collecting all the high end elemental plane zones with good pathing and spawn logs.

I have a few questions though,

I've gone through and looked at all the tutorials I could find on EQBuilder, but none of them explain what the offsets do.

IE - Moving mobs, Coord Error Margin, Min Spawn Prob, etc..

What do each of these manipulate when processing the data?

In spawn points, I've noticed that sometimes the first number is smaller than the second number. Is that good or bad?

Also, I've noticed that when you get rare spawns that have placeholders... IE Vessel Drozin is also assigned a moving path even though he is a static spawn. I did not put the file in because I wasn't sure of what would happen with it.

When creating the compiled logs, there is a proba value. Is that the probability of the spawn accuracy? I'm a little hazy on what it does.

Any info would be greatly appreciative, as I have not found anything in the forums regarding EQBuilder.

sotonin
10-20-2004, 12:29 PM
The only value i adjust is error margin. if npcs are in the wrong groups try lowering it til they look about right.

FYI. builder is NOT compatible with live logs, not since the OOW patch and probably wont be for some time. So having a friend collecting logs now is a waste of both your time. :cry: