PDA

View Full Version : eqlsclient and eqhost files keep reverting

gostman45
10-21-2004, 04:46 AM
i've followed every set of instructions i could find and i'm still having lots of trouble getting on. i have a couple of issues, the most annoying of which is that my eqlsclient.ini and eqhost.ini files keep reverting back to Sony's files every time i run my client. i made a new directory for eqqmu, made a shortcut from that directory, edited the shortcut with the patchme option, and it keeps changing those two files back to their original contents. so, after starting the client, i go and manually update the files again and try to log in to newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 with my registered login server name. at this point i get the error message "timeout occured" almost instantly.

any ideas?

gostman45
10-21-2004, 04:59 AM
i was running everquest.exe patchme from my shortcut. running eqgame.exe patchme from a shortcut quit overwriting my eqlsclient.ini and eqhost.ini files. i am getting the immediate timeout still though. i checked my ini files to make sure there weren't any errant spaces or carriage returns as i've seen mentioned in other posts. still looking for some advice.

aDIZam
10-21-2004, 10:12 AM
it's eqhost.txt, not ini
make sure it's read-only too