PDA

View Full Version : Disconnecting

moydo
10-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Ive noticed on a few servers ive tried(badabing and Maulgak) that i get disconnected very often. On badabing its about every 3 minutes while on Maulgak sometimes i get disconnected within 30seconds of logging in. Was just seeing if this was due to the server or my connection, im on a wirless connection through a router, that is connected to my cable modem.

Goomba
10-21-2004, 10:52 PM
i tried out a few servers last night and got disconnected during character creation, but on other servers i was fine.

Maulgak
10-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Ive noticed on a few servers ive tried(badabing and Maulgak) that i get disconnected very often. On badabing its about every 3 minutes while on Maulgak sometimes i get disconnected within 30seconds of logging in. Was just seeing if this was due to the server or my connection, im on a wirless connection through a router, that is connected to my cable modem.
Thats probably my fault, dont worry(Also, sorry)

We may move the server to my friends computer sooner or later, his is much more suited to hosting it.

Once again, sorry

moydo
10-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Blah no apology needed, i really appreciate you even having a server to play on. I personally dont have the time to learn that sort of stuff to play, but its nice to be able to log on for a few hours a week to have some fun. Was just seeing if it was something due to my wirless network, i had just installed it.

Cans
10-23-2004, 02:12 AM
That is definitely strange, as that's never happened for us.

I know that my ISP is very sucky, but it doesn't go out every 3 minutes. You may want to check how much 'stuff' you are running on your computer and see if it's not a memory problem, and then also make sure that when you're online you don't over-lag the server.

I'll look into this, and I'm sorry you've had problems connecting to my server, as we welcome everyone to come and play. :)

moydo
10-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Ya dont think its memory problem cause i can log off and log into 2 normal instances of everquest without any problems. I have 1k and this is only thing im running besides the normal functions. How do i know if im overlagging the server?