PDA

View Full Version : Snare and Fear question

Sakrateri
10-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I am running a 5.7 DR6 server, Snare and Fear spells do not work , anyone have an idea how to get them to work ? They cast and say the mob is feared or snared but no change in runspeed .

sotonin
10-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Fear stuns the mobs. theres no fear pathing so they wont run away. Snare works, it lowers the speed if you do npcstats before and after youll see it. Although yes. i think either

a) client isnt using that data,
b) its not doing it enough
c) its not properly reading the amount from the spell data.

cause on live i logged on my druid and test the exact mobs and snare on live makes the mobs reduce to a friggin crawl!. on emu it doesn't.

Xothin
10-22-2004, 07:12 PM
I've noticed that as well.

Is there anything that can be done code-wise to add that pathing? Or is this something that will need another database grid?

animepimp
10-23-2004, 05:33 AM
Well, theoretically since we are using the .map files to check los for mobs, it should be possible now to find a path for the mob to go that is away from the PC that cast the spell and doesn't intersect any objects in the map. It would require some significant coding, but I don't think its impossible like it used to be since the server now actually knows what the zone looks like. Before it was impossible because the server treated the zone as an empty cube basically and jsut knew where the mobs and characters were at in it.