PDA

View Full Version : messed up little problem...

mfcjunkie
10-22-2004, 04:12 PM
ok i am setting up a server iverything went good now when i load up MySql i get no errors , when i load up World .exe i get no errors when i load up boot5zones.bat i get no errors the i put this into myeqhost.txt [Loginserver]
host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

no now i have 2 copies of EQ i have 1 installed into the default dir C:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest .. after i installed i copyed the sony/Everquest colder and pasted it here C:/Sony/Everquest ..

i have been looking for both of my problem on the forums i got the answer to one but am confused about it

ok i load all the things need for server then i click on the C:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest shortcut so i can log onto my server well when i do i get the error ERROR: a timeout has occourd
well from what i found on the forums that is from haveing the wrong patch .. before i started this i updated to the lates EQLive patch ....

no when i try to log on with the C:/Sony/Everquest shortcut i am able to log on but my server is not in the server list .. ok now both of these folders have been updated today with the lastest patch but i am able to log onto this one and not the other one ....
and not sure why

but my mian question is what would cause my server not to show up on the list ....

also when i goto log on with the C:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest shortcut my eqhost.txt changes from this [Loginserver]
host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 to this
[Loginserver] ]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

[LoginServer]
Host=xp-smitchell:7308

why is that ??

thank you for your time

Cisyouc
10-22-2004, 04:14 PM
make eqhost.txt read only.

mfcjunkie
10-22-2004, 04:42 PM