PDA

View Full Version : Need computer help please.

Memener
10-22-2004, 09:14 PM
I just love bull shit.... Its the best... *(##%#^@& I am at a loss .. This is over my head....

Heres my deal:

I F-ed up my partition table on my HD by installing unix router software on another Logical Partition. So I F-ed everthing up.. I didn't have the money to by the software to fix and it wasn't on kazaa. So more to the problem...

So I re-did my partitions and reinstalled windowsXP pro. It installed fine.(so I thought) I installed the updates.(They installed fine.)(And installed SP1.) After I installed them, I rebooted my computer... No problems... I trun it off then boot it up the next day... Damn thing won't boot after it posts and begins to load windowsXP freezes... So I tried over and over rebooting and same shit... So I am like WTF.So I try running it in safe mode. I see the files its loading about 30 or so of them load, but when it gets to Mup.sys it stops... Then I am like WTf is mup.sys. I used this computer and did and google search and I found out that it has something to do with the USB and is 99.9% useless. So I got my WindowsXP cd and had to wait like 30mins for it just to load everthing. For some gay reson it hong at "Windows is now starting" thats where it took the longest amont of time. So fine-ly I get to the consel and I typed "disable mup". It said it has was disable it in the registry. Then I am like ok. I rebooted my computer and well it worked. It was booting to the desktop.. I was like cool, I had fixed it.. Once I got it to the desktop, I finished installing the drivers.(video and sound) I rebooted the computer atleast 30 times... It was running really good. Then I was like damn its 3:00AM I should go to bed... I wen't to lay down and I could not go to sleep.. I though of something I wanted to look up and booted up the computer the MOTHER FU*KER frooze again. I was like OMFG, not again so I restarted it and went into safe mode. Now its locking up at NDIS.sys. Now I am like WTF... So I booted up ther computer, and did and google search on NDIS.sys. I found out it soming to do with the NIC.(network card) That really pissed my off... I am like fu-k it. I thought to make a topic on eqemulator.net and see what yall say sence theres are alot of computer coders here. I am hoping one of yall could help me out.

I don't really care what is takes to fix it, I'll try anything!

Also i did alot of edit to this so it it understand-able. I was piseed off when I fist typed it. It not perfect!

wize_one
10-22-2004, 09:29 PM
my guess is a virus

mfcjunkie
10-23-2004, 03:44 AM
ouch hate to hear all that happening , same thing happned to me actualy .. i had to reformate my HD its like there was a disturbance when you was formating your computer and some code got all screwy .. after you reformat it should be fine but dont hold me to that hehe .. it worked fine for me after i redid that .. if you can not get into your system to formate then when you restart go into your bios and set the cd drive you have your disk in to primary boot then restart comp again then just follow what it says .. if it asks to repair or install fresh copy , do the fresh copy .. this worked for me i hope it will for you as well

Good Luck

ryder911
10-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Ya i think a reformat would fix it, make sure you delete all the files, and the partitions and stuff.

Memener
10-24-2004, 04:26 AM
So I re-did my partitions and reinstalled windowsXP pro. It installed fine.

I don't think its a virus....

I have reformatted the Drive 9 or 10 times and reloaded XP and its the same BS.

I am starting to think the motherboard may be bad.

Also I let it set for a long time it loads to the desktop....

I dont know WTf is going on.

zephyr325
10-25-2004, 03:34 AM
Something else I've seen sometimes is that a card goes bad and can affect the system. You might want to try to pull out all your non-essential cards (and maybe even swap out your video card if you've got a spare one) to see if the system will boot up then.

Memener
11-04-2004, 06:50 AM
I Fixed it! It was a little resistor. One side of it got pulled up some how. I pushed it back down tell it was touching to contact. BOOM :)
Its working now... I am on it now.

Also I Would like to thank wiseone for helping me in irc.
ALso ignor that I win stuff one the side(I used that for another topic after i fixed the miss spells.

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/5968/iwin.jpg