PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr .....Getting frustrated.

sgaske24
10-23-2004, 03:27 AM
Hello,

After a long sabatical I've returned to the community (don't all jump at once heh) and at any rate I'm extremely disappointed with the new server set up to say the least.

I've never had ANY problems doing a basic server setup, until now, that is. I am currently using the 6.0 DR1 version, self compiled, and have it all set up and running thanks to the helpful threads by others with issues and the tutorials, etc.

Here is my issue - When attempting to login, I can't. I get "This zone is unavailable". Tried various races/classes for different zones, nothing worked. I am using the PEQ database posted up on the new database page, and followed all instructions to a T. Also attempted to search for several hours, with no luck btw, to find a solution to this problem. I was able to find one post in which someone mentioned the same problem, but all of his other problems were addressed except that one.

So I'm asking anyone out there who knows what causes this and how to fix it, for your help. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

PS - I'm not behind a router, I'm directly connected. Also I'm NOT using minilogin.

-GM Thrax

Speedz
10-23-2004, 04:20 AM
I got hung up a bit switching from 5.9 to 6.0 myself.

One thing that eluded me heavily till the end was this:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `player_corpses`;
CREATE TABLE `player_corpses` (
`id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`charid` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`charname` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
`zoneid` smallint(5) NOT NULL default '0',
`x` float NOT NULL default '0',
`y` float NOT NULL default '0',
`z` float NOT NULL default '0',
`heading` float NOT NULL default '0',
`data` blob NOT NULL,
`timeofdeath` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
`rezzed` tinyint(3) unsigned default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
KEY `zoneid` (`zoneid`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

I had some odd corpse error in my world.exe window, I did that and was able to get in.

Post what it says in your world.exe window if this don't help you.

sgaske24
10-23-2004, 04:31 AM
Yes, upon inspection of zone.exe I noticed a bunch of weird corpse errors too, gonna try your fix *fingers crossed*.

Thanks!

-GM Thrax

sgaske24
10-23-2004, 04:33 AM
HUZZAH!

You rock Speedz!! Thanks a ton :D

-GM Thrax

Speedz
10-23-2004, 06:27 AM
np, I saw that fix somewhere in the forums, just thought ya might benifit from it, I can't take credit for its conception tho :-)