PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Minilogin?

zephyr325
10-23-2004, 03:32 AM
For times like this, when the login server is down...

Is it possible, once you setup your server to use minilogin, to reverse it back and use the regular login server? I understand how to do all the config files, this is more of from a database perspective. If there are statements to run, would someone mind posting those? Still trying to learn the SQL world...TIA.

Speedz
10-23-2004, 04:13 AM
If you have the hard drive space, make a duplicate EQ directory.

One for LAN one for non-SOE internet. Thats the easiest I think.

Otherwise it's just a matter of changing the eqhost.ini, Boot5Zones, and LoginServer.ini back to what they should be, and removing the minilogin entry in your variables table under LoginType.

Also if your account is the same for your lan and internet you will need to edit that out too. May be as easy as removing the minilogin_ip column.

I am just looking at it from a reversal, never tried it as I made 2 EQ directories.

zephyr325
10-23-2004, 04:23 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm already running 2 client directories. :D

Restating the question - I'm running my own private server. Once I have done the things to the database to enable mini-login, does that preclude me from changing up the server config files (i.e., loginserver.ini) to re-allow connecting the server to the main eqemu login server?

Thanks...

Derision
10-23-2004, 04:30 AM
Execute the following SQL to revert back to using the public login server:

DELETE from variables where varname='LoginType' ;

Speedz
10-23-2004, 04:33 AM
Not sure if you can just change the config files and run with no issues. Good question :-)

I also forgot to mention I use 2 seperate databases and eqemu directories :-), so I'm not really sure about your situation.

You could just change the config files to internet settings and give it a try :-) Shouldn't hurt anything.

If you want to be able to run either one at any givin time tho, I would suggest a totally seperate setup for minilogin.

Seperate eqemu directories/database (maybe, only if you can't run the minilogin database on the net) and well you already got 2 EQ directories

RangerDown
10-23-2004, 05:02 AM
Yes, you can change to and fro, very easily:

1) Change your LoginServer.ini to point to either emu login server or minilogin server

2) IF USING MINILOGIN: Make sure the IP you'll be connecting from is set properly for your account in the `account` table. It is not necessary for this to be correct when using Public login.

3) Change the LoginType variable in the `variables` table appropriately. Use either 'MiniLogin' or 'Public'.

See if this works. Let me know if it don't.

Elkay
10-23-2004, 05:32 AM
I've been doing exactly as you described RD, since MiniLogin was re-released. It works perfectly for me. I'm real lazy though, I just use 'Minilogin' and 'Minilogin1' lol. Anything other than 'Minilogin' in the variable will be assumed to be a public LS.