10-23-2004, 05:30 AM
Hello,

----
Server: 0.6.0dr1
Sources: 21-10-04
Compile profile: Release
DB: 0.6.0 compatible
----

I've noticed today that there is something wrong whit arrows.
Ok, I loot a bow and 20 arrows. I equip the bow and I put the arrows in the ammo slot.

I shoot 5-8 times then I get this message in the client output:

Error: Getitem(-1)==0, you have no ammo!

At this point, I'm looking at my ammo slot, I see 15 arrows.

When I'm trying to move them, they immediatly poof, here'is the client message:

Error: Server found no item in slot 21(->30), Deleting Item!

When I try to put all the arrows in a guiver, it's same.

Mag

garim12
10-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I ran into this too. It seems the client is smart enough to delete arrows on its own, because I commented out the last two lines of the archery damage function in attack.cpp and haven't seen this problem since... and I'm a ranger so I fire hundreds of arrows each session. I have no idea how this might impact Endless Quiver yet because I don't seem to have that in my database.

Anyway, the lines I commented out were these from zone/attack.cpp (2689-2690):

if(!GetAA(aaEndlessQuiver))
DeleteItemInInventory(ammo_slot, 1, false); //do we need the update, or is the client smart?

sgaske24
10-25-2004, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the fix, but I don't think this problem is related to archery, because I also have the same problem with throwing knives, shurikens, etc. The interesting part, is that it only happens if the items are stacked.

-GM Thrax

cavedude
10-25-2004, 06:01 AM
No, this isn't just limited to archery. I think there are just overall problems with stackable items and the database updating properly when part or all of the stack is consumed, used, sold, etc. There is a bug with selling stacks that appeared, was fixed briefly, but now in the newest CVS is broken again. Somebody else mentioned dyes not being deleted properly by the client when used.

movieman
10-25-2004, 06:43 AM
I wonder if this is the same problem I have with Mage-summoned items? If I right-click on a Mage-summoned item with a click effect, then remove that item from the slot it's in, I get the same 'no item found, deleting item' message as though the server has already deleted it but the client hasn't.

Magoth78
10-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Yep, I also noticed that it happens only whit stack'd items. If I put 1 arrow in the ammo slot and all the others ones in my inventory, the bug won't happen.

fathernitwit
10-25-2004, 09:37 AM
I have fixed part of the problem as far as double consumption of ammo, it'll make it into cvs within a day or two. The quiver thing might take a little bit more time, I forgot about quivers when I rewrote the archery stuff, but maybe it wont, not sure right now.

anywyas, it will get better and hopefully will be completely fixed soon.