PDA

View Full Version : Quest Problem

Sarepean
10-23-2004, 05:52 PM
I didn't exactly know where to post this, but since there have been other problems with similar things, I figure that a fix in this topic is practically a Howto (do it correctly).

I have my entire server working, but I got hooked on making quests tonight. However, first quest I tried to make has me pretty stumped. I'm trying to recreate the Bootstrutter quest with a few additions of my own. Here's my code (I've shortened it and shortened it since I can't get it to EVENT_ITEM). It doesn't process anything after the rare trade if($text) ... =( So, I assume that the problem is somewhere or in the "Shadowed Rapier" line, but I just can't find it.

Any help is very appreciated.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Stopped I have done. Greet you I will. What business do we have? Hmm? Speak up!!");}
if ($text=~ /Journeyman's Boots/i){quest::say("Jorneyman's Boots are what you seek? Ha!! I have those upon my feet and disinigrate will they if my life is taken. Extra pair have I and [rare trade] can we make.");}
if ($text=~ /Rare Trade/i){quest::say("I call for three things and Journeyman Boots are yours. I call for a [Shadowed Rapier], call for the [Ring of the Ancients] and call for Gold,.. 3250 Gold Coins!! This the trade that I call.");}
if ($text=~ /Shadowed Rapier/i){quest::say("Shadowed Men, foes to all, have appeared. Many lands do they walk. Invisible are they, but items they wield can be seen. Seek them out and return to me a Shadowed Rapier. Return it with haste before 'poof' goes the rapier!! No time to camp have you.");}
if ($text=~ /Ring of the Ancients/i){quest::say("Ancient Cyclops do march the land. Long have they lived and crafted the Ring of the Ancients have they. I must have one and you shall go and fetch one for me.");}
if ($text=~ /Fabled Boots/i){quest::say("The Fabled Journeyman's Boots?! Fashion those I can--- I shall need a [Shimmering Orb], [Journeyman's Boots], and a [Fabled Ring].");}
if ($text=~ /Fabled Ring/i){quest::say("Exists an oracle in the Ocean of Tears that can take this ring into the past and make it a thing of legends--- with time, magic multiplies.");}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12268} && $itemcount{12268} == 1)
{
quest::say("I see you wish to join us in Discord! Welcome! By turning your back on the protection of Order you are now open to many more opportunities for glory and power. Remember that you can now be harmed by others who have also heard the call of Discord.");
quest::exp(125);
}
}

Thanks,
-Sarepean

Xothin
10-23-2004, 06:15 PM
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Stopped I have done. Greet you I will. What business do we have? Hmm? Speak up!!");
}
if($text=~ /Journeymans Boots/i)
{
quest::say("Jorneyman's Boots are what you seek? Ha!! I have those upon my feet and disinigrate will they if my life is taken. Extra pair have I and [rare trade] can we make.");
}
if($text=~ /Rare Trade/i)
{
quest::say("I call for three things and Journeyman Boots are yours. I call for a [Shadowed Rapier], call for the [Ring of the Ancients] and call for Gold,.. 3250 Gold Coins!! This the trade that I call.");
}
if($text=~ /Shadowed Rapier/i)
{
quest::say("Shadowed Men, foes to all, have appeared. Many lands do they walk. Invisible are they, but items they wield can be seen. Seek them out and return to me a Shadowed Rapier. Return it with haste before poof goes the rapier!! No time to camp have you.");
}
if($text=~ /Ring of the Ancients/i)
{
quest::say("Ancient Cyclops do march the land. Long have they lived and crafted the Ring of the Ancients have they. I must have one and you shall go and fetch one for me.");
}
if($text=~ /Fabled Boots/i)
{
quest::say("The Fabled Journeyman's Boots?! Fashion those I can--- I shall need a [Shimmering Orb], [Journeyman's Boots], and a [Fabled Ring].");
}
if($text=~ /Fabled Ring/i)
{
quest::say("Exists an oracle in the Ocean of Tears that can take this ring into the past and make it a thing of legends--- with time, magic multiplies.");
}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{12268}==1)
{
quest::say("I see you wish to join us in Discord! Welcome! By turning your back on the protection of Order you are now open to many more opportunities for glory and power. Remember that you can now be harmed by others who have also heard the call of Discord.");
quest::exp(125);
}
}

I think it has something to do with the nasty little ' you put in the journeymans boots. ^.^

Also, not sure if the single quotes caused a problem or not, so just remove them out. ^.^

Cisyouc
10-24-2004, 02:53 AM
I think it has something to do with the nasty little ' you put in the journeymans boots. ^.^

Also, not sure if the single quotes caused a problem or not, so just remove them out. ^.^Naw, you only have to worry about quotes, not apostrophes.

Also, I didn't look over the entire quest because it was in the wrong forum. Please dont post this in the tutorials section.........