PDA

View Full Version : AA skills "snippet"

Darkman
05-03-2002, 08:06 PM
I realized that posting a valuable chunk of data in the tail end of a multi-page thread will get almost ZERO attention that it really deserves.

Alternate Advancement stuffs described in the post, Here (http://eqemu.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1457&pagenumber=2#post9 986)

devn00b
05-04-2002, 06:02 AM
can you please attach (or paste) everything you modified to get this working. Or maybe im missing somthing but looks like all you posted where the strucs (no actuall calls to). again ive been out of C++ for a REALY long time and am trying to get back into the swing of things. but the code snipet tthere seems to be only 1/2 of what would need to be done.

maybe somone just needs to explane this to the ole /n00b =)

Darkman
05-04-2002, 09:06 AM
There was too much code I added / modified in my copy of the zone server, so I just pulled out the struct, described some steps I took, and listed some points of interest that I noticed.

When I finish the AA skills to the point where you can at least enable the XP divider, I'll post what I have and the steps to merge them in.

devn00b
05-04-2002, 09:12 AM
Aha! thanks man cant wait

Darkman
05-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Well, here it is... the stuff to make the AA panel "work". None of the skills work actively, though. That's quite a time sink.

Here (http://genghis.winamp.com/~jason/implement_aa.html) is the document on how to implement Alternate Advancement routines to EqEmu-0.3.1.1.

Enjoy.

I have some utility commands I wrote to fiddle with the data in the AA tables, but they're icky and I'll post them when they don't screw up nearly as much.

If you want AA points, get to level 51, set the AA slider to 100% and #setxp 9999999 yourself some points to spend :)

Darkman
05-05-2002, 08:55 PM
Blah. I just tested my modifications again. I forgot to fill in the costs and max_levels for all the CLASS skills in the altadv_vars table. someone's gonna have to enter them all in. (I'm lazy, too much work)

Well, the values are THERE, it's just that most of them (with the exception of paladin and wizard) are set to 1 for cost and 1 for max_level, which will essentially limit "multiple degree" skills to 1 level and cost only 1 skill point. /shrug.

Merkur
05-06-2002, 01:56 AM
I haven't tested it but it looks pretty good :) We will sure merge this by time

DeletedUser
05-06-2002, 03:00 AM
Tonight I should have the packet to update people's titles on the fly in game too.. (like names are done now), but I still haven't found where it shows titles to yourself:\

Darkman
05-06-2002, 09:57 AM
I noticed that the Live servers don't actually send the full AA struct to the client... however, they send smaller (8 or 12 byte?) structs to the client for each (?) skill purchased... I think they may contain something on the order of: Skill ID, Skill Level, Spell Effect, and / or Opcode to send to get the effect to work...

Right now, if you buy an effect like Manaburn, you can create the hotbutton, but when it's clicked, nothing is sent back to the server, and thus, no manaburn effect. Same thing for Mass Group Buff, Act of Valor, Holy Steed, Area Taunt, etc. There has to be some more information about the purchased skills than what I know about at the moment.

I'm out of town for the next two weeks with only my cruddy laptop (no 3d adapter in it), so I can't do much on the emu other than rewriting the opcode processor (the way it's done at the moment is incorrect and not as scalable as it SHOULD be, but it's good enough for development at the moment...)